Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Chuck Adams

Old 07-22-2004, 10:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Chuck Adams

Whether you like Chuck Adams or not, one cannot deny the results. 112 Pope & Young animals, 5 world records! You gotta be kidding me!

With those kind of results I can guarantee you there is enough antler envy going around that if he was doing something shady someone would have uncovered it by now.

Every now and then a super star rises from the horizon and pushes the bar higher than most can conceive. Babe Ruth, Barry Sanders, Michael Jordan, Jack Nickalus all performed at an unbelievable level day in and year out. Even the best of their peers were amazed at what they accomplished in their respective sports. Adams would have been a success at whatever he wanted to do. He possesses a drive that few people have the capacity for. He is a highly intelligent guy (Straight A's throughout his academic career, from what I understand). When intelligence and physical giftedness are annointed with motivation, the sky is the limit!

Although I am not a big fan of presenting hunting as a "sport", for lack of a better word, I will say that Chuck Adams is the "Michael Jordan" of our "sport". If you have ever lugged a heavy back pack mile after mile, day after day, in the thin air of the Rockies you know it takes dedication, desire, and drive to be consisitently successful. The old words, "Fatigue makes cowards of us all" comes to life when your losing ground to a giant bull, while still trying to breath trekking up and down the mountains. It is easy to give up.

Does Chuck now have some advantages that the average hunter doesn't? Sure he does, but like respect he has earned them over the years.

I'm not even that big of a Chuck Adams fan. I just recognize the sacrifice, the effort, and the talent it took to harvest the animals he has.
Old 07-22-2004, 10:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

I do not care if you like Chuck Adams or not. IMHO he is the greatest bowhunter that has ever lived. He consistantly kills record book animals.
I meet Jack Nicklas (the golfer) in 1986 after he won the Masters. I was very happy to meet him. He was a total JERK. To this day I can not stand him.

Try putting youself in Chuck's shoes for a day? I bet he gets asked some of the stupidest questions. Everywhere he goes people bug him. Then everytime he enters a new animal in the record books a bunch of jerks start bashing him.
Old 07-22-2004, 10:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

BobCo19-65 - not directed towards you, no. Its posts like lou-lous and corey006's etc that tick me off.

Chuck Adams is a hunting machine. He does what most all us would like to do - and that is kill monster bucks and bulls every year. He consistantly kills the oldest, smartest, hardest to kill animals and because of that ya'll think he must have a secret weapon or cheat.

Why ? Because he's better than you and you can't stand the fact that he is. He's a better shot, a better hunter, he's better at scouting, reading animal sign, animal behaviors, he KNOWS HUNTING BETTER THAN YOU DO and when its time to make the shot ? Chuck makes it, and ya'll choke more often than not.

Yes, he might have a guide, yes, he might have some private areas etc etc but so do Primos, Realtree, Raglin, Nuge and everyone else and they rarely kill anything big enough to make B&C much less WR !

You got people saying he's humble, otehrs saying he's an ass ..... I'm betting the guys saying he's an ass are ass's themselves and Chuck acted accordingly and in kind !!
Old 07-22-2004, 12:05 PM
PLB

I couldn't have said it better myself Stealthycat.
Old 07-22-2004, 12:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

You got people saying he's humble, otehrs saying he's an ass ..... I'm betting the guys saying he's an ass are ass's themselves and Chuck acted accordingly and in kind !!
But Stealthy how do you really feel?
Old 07-22-2004, 12:58 PM

I have never meet Chuck Adams but would like to so I could see for myself what he is really like in person.

By the way, Chuck Adams has never written a book about himself.
Life At Full Draw was not written by Chuck Adams. It was written by Gregg Grutschow. It is a good book and explains way he comes across as he does. The man earned his way into the record books. He set out with goals and objectives, strict discipline and was rewarded for his efforts. He has a right to be proud of his accomplishment. That is the type of thing that keeps taxidermist in business you know.

I don't know if he will have an opportunity to take another world record Elk but if he does, good for him or the next fellow that does do it.
Old 07-22-2004, 01:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

If I didnt have to work and was able to hunt all day everyday and had a pocket full of money, I too could be as good as chuck.
Old 07-22-2004, 01:14 PM
c j
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: zrexpilot

If I didnt have to work and was able to hunt all day everyday and had a pocket full of money, I too could be as good as chuck.
No offense, but no; probably not. You don't think plenty of rich people out there hunt almost constantly? Any yet, how many of them have matched what Chuck has done? None of them.

Besides that, his job isn't "being a hunter"; he's a columnist. He buys his own hunts and writes about them. Yes, he endorses some products, but they don't just pay him to hunt all day, everday. He worked his a$$ off and took out loans to pay for the Super Slam.

Also, from what I read in Life at Full Draw, he prefers not to use a guide, because it is harder to spot and stalk with one. But some states REQUIRE a guide for some tags.

Never met him, so I have no idea about his personality, but his accomplishments speak for themselves, IMO.
Old 07-22-2004, 03:34 PM

I met the guy very briefely once at a gun show years ago. I wasn't really into archery or hunting that much at the time so I didn't give it much thought. He seemed like a reasonable polite guy to me. And like stated, you can't knock his record. He is the best, period end of discussion.

I have also met Ted Nugent on two occasions, and met plenty of people that have met him as well since I live near him. I thought he was a total dork both times. I think he actually has a mental problem or something. Hell of a showman, and a darn fine archer. He just seems to be a bit bipolar or something. I didn't mean to hijack this thread or turn it into a Ted bashing thing or anything. Just stating that not everyone that is good at something is a nice guy.

Paul
Old 07-22-2004, 03:39 PM

Nice little 5 point there

Quick Reply: Chuck Adams

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.