HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Chuck Adams (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/66768-chuck-adams.html)

stealthycat 07-29-2004 08:42 PM

RE: Chuck Adams

oh dirrrrrrtttttttt ??

too tough a question or what buddy ? :D

Washington Hunter 07-29-2004 11:24 PM

I think those of you still bashing Chuck and even those of you who aren't should take a few minutes to read (and listen to) the interview with him posted in another thread. I read and listened to the whole thing, from what I can tell he seems like a stand up guy. I would LOVE to meet him and have the chance to actually sit down and have a conversation with him. He is probably one of the most knowledgable archers in the bowhunting community. Do I admire him? You bet your ass I do. I would love to be able to accomplish half of what he has in my lifetime.

Twisted Arrow 08-04-2004 05:52 PM

I am NOT a Chuck Adams fan at all . I have heard stories of him using planes and helicopters to find these record book animals and then being dropped of to go shot them .

Blakeyboy 08-05-2004 10:24 AM

I am NOT a Chuck Adams fan at all . I have heard stories of him using planes and helicopters to find these record book animals and then being dropped of to go shot them .
You 'heard' stories??? Geez, must be true then, that chuck....what a jackass.

B:eek:

MT elk addict 08-07-2004 01:44 AM

[quote]I am NOT a Chuck Adams fan at all . I have heard stories of him using planes and helicopters to find these record book animals and then being dropped of to go shot them

Twisted, I bet those animals are deaf and/or tied to a stake too. I just wonder if they have been tested for steroids?? You don't have to be a Chuck Adams fan, but be realistic in your statements. I fly in helicopters and have flown over elk, deer, and antelope in my job in a helicopter and if we are flying low level they don't just stand there, they run for cover.

Orions_Bow 08-07-2004 09:51 AM

I have had the pleasure of meeting Chuck Adams a couple of times at some of the ATA shows. Out of those times he has been very nice, was willing to talk about anything, was friendly and always had a smile on his face. I am glad I got to talk to him & meet him, I got his autograph in his new book which I really enjoyed. Thats my experience with the man.

If you have really read very much about him you will learn that he likes to hunt by himself most of the time & he usually only hires a guide when it is needed accourding to game laws. Most of his large elk have come from public land as well as his bison. The man is a great bowhunter and what he has done is unreal. My hats off to him, he's the real deal in my opinion. I would say he does hunt with various guides, I know he is good friends with Phil Philips so I am sure that he hunts with him! I won't knock the guy for hunting with a friend that happens to be a guide to pay the bills. I am sure he knows others really well too.

I may not always agree with his opinions in equipment selection but I would never but him down for his choice in equipment or his success. I think in truth a lot of people are jealous of him & what he has done so they have to find a way to put him down. Does he have an ego? I am sure he does, he has had great success.

TURKEY FAN 08-07-2004 10:17 AM

He seems okay to me, but i admitt i am jealous..........and i wonder what else he does for a living to support his hunting or is it all sponsors that pay his bills and funds his hunts? How does someone get in this postion? I would move outta state to have a job like that, and i am sure many of you hunters would also. But anyone who hunts as much as he does and has all the best places to hunt.............he better be shooting trophy game!
I would like for him to hunt in my neck of the woods and see what he comes up with........aint no 4wheeler to get u from point a to b, no one to drag your deer for ya up those hills and down again, i think he would have his work cutt out for him here in ohio, then again maybe not.

Dirt2 08-07-2004 01:51 PM

I have purposely backed off this whole post. I haven't read anything between about page 5 and page 11 of this mess, a mess I helped create.

Here's the deal, I apologize to any and all people I may have offended in my previous arguments. Let me state now that my suspicions of Chuck Adams have not changed. That said:

1) I really don't care about this issue. It started as a way to pass the time. I don't lay awake at nights worrying about Chuck Adams.

2) I truly hope I am wrong. Obviously, it would be a huge black eye for hunting, and I don't want to see that.

3) I promise in the future not to get locked into any more dogfights about Chuck Adams. I will not speak again unless a true smoking gun falls into my lap; I ain't lookin' for one.

Thanks.

MT elk addict 08-07-2004 11:46 PM

Dirt, I commend you on your post. You have every right to your oppinion and your beliefs. I do have to say that I enjoy sparing verbally with you. We are on the same team but you know how some offensive and some defensive players get on the same team, they sometimes have there internal battles but like I said we are on the same team. Good Luck in the upcoming hunting season.

MT elk addict your defensive team mate. lol

Straightarrow 08-08-2004 07:33 AM

How does someone get in this postion? I would move outta state to have a job like that,
Unfortunately, no one gives you a job like that. Careers like his aren't something anyone applys for. You have to do like Chuck and go out and create the job. He did what it took to put himself in the position of being a well respected, in-demand (and paid) speaker, writer and promoter of bowhunting.