Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 PVC Bow Hunting Stand >

PVC Bow Hunting Stand

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

PVC Bow Hunting Stand

Old 07-20-2004, 12:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: PVC Bow Hunting Stand

Daystalker - I like your attitude !!!

Welcome Aboard to you and Hill Hopper
Old 07-20-2004, 01:04 PM

Very nice, especially since you are building it yourself. What type of camo pattern you going to spray on there? Also I like this:

Depleted Uranium torpedo broadheads in 3 blade 125 g
Handmade Scent Free Guillie Suit with matching handbag
GPS Strobing Homing Nocks
Tachyon Anti-Matter Telekinetic Release
2" Plasma H/Up Display w Holographic Target
#2 Pencil

Depleted Uranium torpedo broadheads, GPS Strobing Homing Nocks. HA HA, is this for real?
Old 07-20-2004, 01:13 PM

Maybe it is just me but this really doesn't seem like a sound idea. I watched some silly tv show where they built bunk beds out of 4" PVC for kids. It wasn't very sturdy even after it had all been glued together. Would you be better off just building it out of wood? Certainly cheaper. Heck even Cabelas sells a complete tower kit (made of metal) with ladder and everything for only $299. You are going to have that much into that PVC thing before you are done. Don't get me wrong, I am not trying to bash you for your idea. I just don't think I would trust my safety to PVC. Falling doesn't hurt but hitting the ground sure does. Be safe.
Old 07-20-2004, 01:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hazcon, this is a morbidly bad idea - save your money, stay off the slippery PVC, don't bust ur arse, its too small, its too sensative to UV, its too big, it'll be too noisy, PVC is too sensative to full moons, it won't taste like candy, its not tall enough, and its too white! [&:] Figured since most others were throwing their monkey wrenches in I'd add a few of my own That should cover all the bases.

... now that thats out of the way...

Everything that has been posted so far I've already thought about and gone over and over in my mind so noone is bursting my bubbles - no worries. At this point the money is already spent and all I can do is proceed to building and testing. It will be a great experiment that will hopefully surprise us all!

Stay tuned boys and girls for more photoadventures as the PVC saga unfolds more tomorrow - same deer channel, same deer time!

By the way - glass is also brittle but put 2 drinking glasses from your cabinet on the floor upside down and you can stand on them! As for painting patterns - I'll take suggestions

Depleted Uranium torpedo broadheads, GPS Strobing Homing Nocks. HA HA, is this for real?
But of course, 2043 Jan/Feb edition of Soldier of Fortune magazine - Right BOWFANATIC??
Old 07-20-2004, 02:33 PM

You better watch for leeks because I know that most of our plumbing that has PVC leeks. You should put a septic on that stand, and maybe some water hook up. Man just thought I would add to your list. I hope you can take a joke. I really do like your idea.
Old 07-20-2004, 02:47 PM

That stand wont look anything like mine, but same concept. Me and Jimbob built this stand

Old 07-20-2004, 02:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

By the way - glass is also brittle but put 2 drinking glasses from your cabinet on the floor upside down and you can stand on them!
You must have some kind of death wish.
Old 07-20-2004, 02:59 PM

there is no doupt its a cool design and looks good

But I can't imagine strapping that thing to my back....LOL

I do hope hope it holds up - as an engineer though, I do have some real doubts.................[]...hope your a little guy

Good luck
Old 07-20-2004, 04:09 PM

i have built stands out of wood but out of pvc? never tried it might work and one last thing have u been atop of it ? see if it creaks and so on and so forth. Good Luck
Old 07-20-2004, 06:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

No haven't been on top yet, building it upside down and haven't got it all glued up yet.

Not sure how I'll get that thing strapped to my back, question is, how do I climb a tree with it?

Quick Reply: PVC Bow Hunting Stand

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.