Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Mathews advertising budget? >

Mathews advertising budget?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Mathews advertising budget?

Old 07-18-2004, 05:29 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Mathews advertising budget?

Well considering a top of the line Mathews was $5-600 a few years ago... I think that they're overly inflating the prices.. because idiots will pay the prices. Advertising costs ALOT of $$$.. and Mathews definately advertises alot more than everyone else.

It doesn't cost any more to make a Mathews bow than it costs to make a Bear or PSE bow... few $$ at most. The use ****ty Zebra strings.. so the only other items needed are machined aluminum and some fiberglass limbs... Costs maybe $50 to make the whole bow... be it a Mathews or PSE ect...

Watch all the hunting shows... all the guys are PAID to shoot Mathews... Mathews pays their top shooters $$$.. so more people shoot Mathews trying to get a piece of that $$$ pie... 8 page ads in magazines... ect...

You aren't paying for higher quality.. you're paying for the "image"... Just like if you buy a Cadillac... it's still made by the same guys that make Cavaliers...
Old 07-18-2004, 07:02 PM
Typical Buck

KBacon
Don't hold back, tell us all how you really feel.

akaSharkey,
When I bought my first Mathews I also shot a Hoyt and a Bowtech. I settled on the Legacey then but it was close with the Bowtech. Decide which features you want, pull a few bows that fit your wants...notice I didn't say needs...then shoot them. Let the bow decide for you.
Old 07-18-2004, 07:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Deerslayer_37

But who cares if they want to? just another excuse to bash mathews because they're better than everyone else.

Mathews owners dont trash talk about everyone elses bows. we're higher than that...seems like the mathews haters are jealous because they don thave a real bow

slayer
:wanders off to find hip boots:
Old 07-18-2004, 07:39 PM

Mathews owners dont trash talk about everyone elses bows. we're higher than that...seems like the mathews haters are jealous because they don thave a real bow

slayer
That right there is trash talking, saying Mathew's bows are the only "real" bow.
Old 07-18-2004, 08:42 PM

KBacon once again shows his intelligence...yep...Zebra strings have won more money than any other bowstring. $50 tops to make a bow? i high doubt that...string, riser, limbs, cams,all the stuff has to be machine...the holes gotta be tapped..roller guard to be put on..that has to be machined..all that has to be put together...plus you have to pay employee wages..figure in what the machinery costs and how much it costs to run it...not paying for higher quality? cough cough...uhhhh hey there buddy, compare a PSE to a Mathews? i think a Mathews is alot higher quality. keep bitching guys...im going outside to shoot my Mathews that i paid $605 for...wait a sec....you said a top of the line mathews cost 600 dollars a few years ago...still does cost 600 dollars KBacon..

slayer
Old 07-18-2004, 08:48 PM

Slayer I just showed the amount of damage a PSE can do to a kids mind.
Old 07-19-2004, 07:21 PM

slayer, you need to get out of the rut with the mathews thing. they make awsome bows, I sell them and I really like them ,,but as a shop owner who buys them at wholesale I think I pay tooooo much, they are just aluminum with some work on a bridgeport, no differant then anyother, same material 6061 t6. the strings do not win tournys the shooter does, if the other shooters get paid a lot more from other manufactures guess where they would go.... we are not bashing them just open your mind to something else, just because they cost more it isn`t the best,, corvette vs porsche one cost 100k the other 50k but look in the auto mags and compare, vett wins almost everything including value for the $$$$$.... and slayer I can take any bow I want and shoot it, I own them all, and the reason I shoot the G2 is I can make more money from people like you who are brand blinded so I leave it on the shelf and the g2 does everything I need it to do and that is kill deer, silently @ 187fps, so if you want to sent me some picts of the deer you harvested with your LX i`ll sent you all 13 deer I took the last 3 years including the 140 class and the sika`s from the eastern shore of maryland
Old 07-19-2004, 08:27 PM

I'm not saying other bows dont kill animals. didnt say you can't shoot accurately either. but when all these jackasses start attacking mathews because they advertise too much suppsedly, it kinda makes me mad. yeah, they should advertise alot. you as a business owner should know that advertising sells products. Everyone else advertises just as much..if i wanna pay 605 for an LX im gonna...what about bowtech being high priced? the hoyt xtec is 749, whats wholesale for that? nobody is attacking them for having high prices...its only mathews that gets attacked because they cost alot and people suppsedly only buy them because they're a mathews and this and that and people buy them because they advertise...WELL OF COURSE THEYRE GOING TO BUY THEM IF THEY ADVERTISE! If you dont advertise,you company is dead. people wouldnt buy the bows if they sucked. they're obviously pretty damn good. when tested they consistently score in the top few bows. advertising and price dont make a great bow..a company does...and they've made a damn good one...

slayer
Old 07-20-2004, 05:38 AM

I've never owned a Mathews, but not because they were too expensive. In fact, I can never figure out where that rumor comes from. I see their bows listed all the time at between $600-$700. Every other bow company I know of, has their top of the line bows priced in the same area, if not more! And to top it off, some of these companies don't advertise hardly at all.

Advertising is how a good product gains market share. This increased market share can actually lower costs. The more parts or raw materials Mathews buys, the less it costs them per part. They can even get deals from shipping companies to lower the cost of distribution. There are lots of advantages to being the biggest (just ask Walmart). A company can then choose to put the money in their pocket or to attempt to sell even more product. Keep in mind, that a company's market position is never static. It's always in a state of flux. It's moving downhill or uphill. It's obvious to me, that Mathew's is attempting to continue to climb uphill. This is simply how business works. I've seen many people take stabs at the amount of Mathew's advertising and I can only guess that these people have little experince in attempting to keep a business moving in the right direction, or they are simply Mathews detractors.
Old 07-20-2004, 06:49 AM

it would be interesting to know what mathews' market share is at the moment, wouldn't it? not to highjack this thread, but do you guys think that they have less/more market share than they did, say, 3 or 4 years ago? 3 or 4 years ago, i saw mathews bows EVERYWHERE. over the last couple of years, i'm beginning to see a LOT of other manufacturer's bows in archers' hands. what do you guys think?

Quick Reply: Mathews advertising budget?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.