Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Finally, I made a choice on new bow >

Finally, I made a choice on new bow

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Finally, I made a choice on new bow

Old 07-13-2004, 04:29 PM
Typical Buck

Default Finally, I made a choice on new bow

Many of you have offered helpful info regarding a new bow. Ultimately, I decided to postpone my decision until next year, even though I desperately wanted the Outback after shooting it. However, I got hit w/ an unexpected bill for a new AC system, so I had to wait.

That was until today. A friend found a discontinued Mathews Q2. I don't know much about it other than the specs on the Mathews website. I am sure it won't be nearly as nice as the Outback or other newer bows since this is 2000 technology, but I think it will be a huge improvement over my existing 12 year old Hoyt. At $225, new, I can't pass it up.

Does anyone know how this bow will perform, how it will compare to the outback, legacy or other newer bows? Am i making a mistake or is this still a great bow?

thx
Old 07-13-2004, 05:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Finally, I made a choice on new bow

I can tell you this, buying a bow because "it is cheap" or "can't pass it up" could be a major mistake on your part. Do yourself a favor and study the bow, make sure it's in your weight range. Shoot the bow to make sure you get along with it. Make sure the draw length is correct. I can add 20 more things but I think you get my drift.
Old 07-13-2004, 05:18 PM

The Q2 is a great bow. Was one of Mathews best sellers. I have been shooting it for 3 years now and haven't had any problems. At $225 it's a steal. As long as it is set to your draw length i think you will like it,and it shoots just as good as the Legacy and Outback. Good luck with your bow purchase.
Old 07-13-2004, 06:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

At $225, it is a steal and if it doesn't fit you I bet you could turn it over for more than that via E-bay.

The Q2 is a great bow and will serve you well.
Old 07-13-2004, 07:10 PM
Typical Buck

I certainly would not buy a buy that is the wrong draw length or weight, that makes no sense. My logic is, there are a lot of good bows on the market and the fact is, different people choose difference bows for various reasons. However, if you are looking at any of the top brands, it is pretty hard to end up with a bad bow. I don't know enough about the Q2 to know if it is perfect or the best, but it seems hard to go wrong with a Mathews, especially at that price. Again, I am shooting a 12 year old hand-me-down, so it seems impossible to be going backwards.

However, I am interested in how this bow shoots as compared to the latest and greatest bows on the market.
Old 07-13-2004, 07:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

I personally like it best next to the Q2XL out of mathews lineup, i might have bought it for that price............well it is a mathews[:'(]