Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 SPIRIT OF  THE WILD A WASTE OF A SHOW? >

SPIRIT OF THE WILD A WASTE OF A SHOW?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

SPIRIT OF THE WILD A WASTE OF A SHOW?

Old 07-19-2004, 09:11 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: SPIRIT OF THE WILD A WASTE OF A SHOW?

I Like Ted and have met him twice. Just a FYI rcd567 Mr Nugent is one of the biggest law enforcement supporters you'll find. That's how he wound up with a special deputy badge in the first place. I think wackabuck and georgetownboys pretty much echo my sentiments. I'm a little dissapointed on the over the top critisim that has been dished out against Ted, after all name another celebrity that puts his heart and soul into defending hunting, family values, and our country like Ted Nugent.

How many of you know Ted Nugent and Toby Keith took it upon themselves to travel to Iraq into hostile areas to put on shows for our troops. Ted Nugent has guts and is proud enough to to show it. Thanks Jim
Old 07-20-2004, 06:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think Ted's intentions are good, and I thank him for that. I've just become disenchanted with Spirit of the Wild. Too much other than good, real hunting. I don't feel there is much skill involved in sitting in a hut, waiting on the non-indigenous animals to come to the feed piles they're fed at, day in and day out. And the show with the morons in his band was the last straw for me.
Old 07-20-2004, 09:32 AM

The only way to watch any of these shows is with TIVO (or other such recorders). Best investment I ever made. I got the DirecTV/Tivo dual system which is a sat receiver and Tivo built into one so you can even record one show while watching another. Not only can you record what you can't watch, and set a weekly recording schedule, but you can fwd through all the commercials to actually watch the 15 minutes of hunting adventure.

In this way you can fast fwd through Ted Nugent's 5 minute "spirit of himself" rock and roll introduction and get to the part where he successfully arrows an animal that follows a man-made food trail to within 10 yards of his stand in what surely must be a game preserve. Most importantly, if you get absolutley sick of Nugent's rampant self glorification, TIVO has a great "delete" button.

Those of you who like the apparent spiritual side of Nugent should be aware that there is now also a full time YOGA channel, which is probably al lot less loud and commercial.
Old 07-20-2004, 02:13 PM

Love Sweaty Teddy and his shows & music.

My only problem is that he doesn't show enough blood! Hunting shows need more blood & guts I say!
Old 07-20-2004, 03:59 PM
Fork Horn

Although I do like Ted, I have to be honest and say the shooting of fallo and axis deer that were hearded up week after week was getting very old. I loved his old sprit of the wild eposodes and have most of them on tape. This year they are suppoused to change things up alittle format wise. Hopefully they will get back to the way they used to do it. I never saw the epoisode involving his band.
By the way pdq 5oh, where is Medina Oh ? I live just east of Dayton.
Old 07-20-2004, 04:32 PM
Fork Horn

i started this thread, not knowing it would go this deep. like i said ted is a good guy and does alot for hunting in general, but his show just sucks rear, the ten minute guitar solos have to go , it might be a cool show if ya change a whole lot of stuff around, instead of his guitar solo show him scouting or have him tell ya about the area he is going to hunt, why he choose that area instead of another, stuff like that , i am only 25 and i know a hell of alot about hunting but i watch hunting shows hoping to learn somthing from the show and compare that to what i do . his show dont teach you anything but he likes to eat BACKSTRAP lol,
Old 07-20-2004, 04:38 PM
Boone & Crockett

JImBow, Family values. The man has had two marriges end in divorce becasue he couldn/t keep it in his pants. Now he's involved in a paternity suit.He cheated on his present wife sheman,and has been paying child support at the same rate someone making $20,00 year would pay. Not to mentin he's never even bothered to see the kid> Is that your idea of family values?
Old 07-20-2004, 04:41 PM
Boone & Crockett

Ted Nugent has guts and is proud enough to to show it. Thanks Jim
Why didn't he go to Vietnam? Ever read the story about that? He avoided Vietnam, now he goes to Iraq,so what!

He charges Camp for kids for storage of materials too.
Old 07-20-2004, 05:05 PM

I don't know what to think of Ted Nugent most of the time...sometimes I love the idea he is so gung ho but then at times I wonder if he's way over the edge. The guy does have a ego!

love him or hate him I think we are stuck with him.
Old 07-20-2004, 05:14 PM
Boone & Crockett

After a non-hunter here's Ted do one of his in your face rants, you think he going to vote to protect our rights? I'm not talking about anti's. I'm talking about the average soccer mom and Dad. You really think their impressed with Ted?

Remember they make up 80% of the American public.

Why do you think they had him on Politically Incorrect so much. He fit the stereotype that Bill Moyer wanted to portray gun owners and hunters to the general public. Long haired ,loud mouth and Ted fell for it every time he was invited.

Quick Reply: SPIRIT OF THE WILD A WASTE OF A SHOW?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.