Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Holy Cow!!!!!!

Old 07-07-2004, 01:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Holy Cow!!!!!!

i always love to shoot my bow every day for practice but i definately found out why my shoulder was hurting so bad after practice.because the thing was at 71 pounds!!!

or........It may be because you are shooting everyday.
Old 07-07-2004, 01:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was pullin' 90 lbs when I was 6. Heck now I have to use a leaf spring off my truck and a steel cable when I head out
Old 07-07-2004, 01:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

i have a rage also and when i maxed it out it was pulling 73 pounds with a half turn out of each limb
Old 07-07-2004, 01:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bearklr

I was pullin' 90 lbs when I was 6. Heck now I have to use a leaf spring off my truck and a steel cable when I head out
LOL-GOOD ONE!
Old 07-07-2004, 01:57 PM

I am 15 I weigh 110-don't laugh! I shoot my bow at 55. Never tested to see my max, cause I only ever need a 55.
Old 07-07-2004, 02:26 PM

Man you guys are hard. Kids just braggin' about how much he can pull and you're all shooting him down (pardon the pun). You guys act like you didn't brag about that stuff when you were younger.

Hey Redneckin', good job man. Might want to take some of these guys advice though, probably be a little more accurate if you turn in down a notch.

I used to have my bow turned up all the way, till I realized in a hunting situation sometimes you can't HEAVE back on the bow. I've been caught mid draw before and had to hold it there for a sec or two (not long of course). Also I like to draw with my bow facing the animal, less side-to-side movement. This is easier to do with less lb.dage.
Old 07-07-2004, 03:23 PM

Some of you guys on here are pricks...That's why I don't post that much. Just because we pull that much weight and tell another person about it, that makes us braggers? I don't think so...I was trying to give info on what other people my age shoot and tried to help someone out so they didn't hurt themselves. That right there is exactly why I don't post here everyday.....If you don't like the if someone does something different than you, you don't like it and have to either start something or make jokes or criticize. We may not know everything but I know that stuff like this is what turns people against us...I use this site for info and to get help, and I know a lot of other people do too. So please, before you make a smart-@$$ comment, think about who you're talking to.
Old 07-07-2004, 04:28 PM

chill out billy..no big deal...you took those comments wayyy to seriously there bud. Anyways, back to the subject. about 8 months ago, i was pulling 63 lbs easy because i shot alot almost everyday. Tried to pull 65 last nite at the pro shop and about busted a nut trying to get it back. My bow is cranked at 55 right now, should be back up to 65 in a few weeks. Jerry says its because i havent used those back muscles in a while so they got weaker. Even though i lift weights alot and am fairly strong it doesnt make a diffrence because i dont work the back muscles required to pulling a bow. The pro shop owner, Jerry, said when he shot regularly at higher weights and worked his way up he was shooting 100 lbs. Not that difficult if you are shoooting very often he said. Millertime has a point though, it dont matter how much you're pulling because if you're having problems getting it back when that slob is in bowrange for the brief second you better be clipped on and at full draw, not straining yourself trying to get your bow back.

slayer
Old 07-07-2004, 10:25 PM

This is why we all should put our bows on a scale from time to time.

If you don't know what weight you are actually pulling, how can you select the correct arrow spine? Redneckin75 might have arrows that are the correct stiffness for 65lbs but are underspined at 75lbs.

I had just the opposite happen to me before I bought a portable bow scale. I thought I was pulling around 70lbs with the limbs bottomed out but it turns out that I have 60lb limbs instead. The dealer and I must have miscommunicated somewhere along the line.
Old 07-08-2004, 08:46 AM
Fork Horn

Im am 16 and I can shoot about 90 lbs however i normally hunt at about 75 or 80 lbs just for effortless drawing however i hunt big animals buffulo, brown bears, ect. for whitetails you can shoot 50 lbs and get clean pass throughs. its all about shot placement. I actually broke the top limb on my AR 31 because I turned the 70 lb limbs up to about 85 after some tweaking and it just blew up right in my hand. be carfule it could have been a lot worse

Quick Reply: Holy Cow!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.