Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Leafy camo ?

Old 07-05-2004, 11:05 PM
Typical Buck

Default Leafy camo ?

Guys that have this type of camo.. do you have any issues w/ clearance of the bow string while shooting?

I'm considering getting an ASAT leafy suit... and wanted to check on this concern 1st.

Also is there any place that's better to get it.. than from the ASAT site?
Old 07-05-2004, 11:08 PM

Default RE: Leafy camo ?

It sounds cheesy, but I have the True Life Leaf system from Cabela's they claim to have over 500 leaves on it, and they are the real 3d things, real flimsy, they do flap with the breeze, and I would reckon if i walked into the woods and stood inside 10 feet in a wooded area, you would walk by and never even see me, I dont care how hard you were looking.
Old 07-05-2004, 11:09 PM

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...026503ii01.jpg
Old 07-06-2004, 05:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

BowTech gave me a Sport's Chief 3D Leafy suit for all the problem's that I had this spring when I purchased my new Dually.I used it for turkey hunting and I had no issue's with it .The underarm's have a biult in gusset for when your draw your bow that the arm's don't bunch up and cause any contact with your string on release .It's a very nice outfit.
Thank's for that posting Hoopy I've been wanting to get a hood for this suit and haven't been able to find one until now.
nubo
Old 07-06-2004, 08:35 AM
Boone & Crockett

I am not currently using the ASAT leafy suit but my leafy suit does offer sufficient clearance for the bowstring. With some suits you may have to snip a bit here and there to get the clearance you want. However, some suits totally leave out the leafy cutouts across one side of your chest and most of your bow arm.
Old 07-06-2004, 10:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

I dont have any clearance problems with my ASAT 3d suit.

I also use a short brace height bow in the Black Knight.
Old 07-06-2004, 11:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use pin-on leaves and simply place them where they'll break up my outline without obstructing my bowstring.
Old 07-06-2004, 09:41 PM
Typical Buck

So.. what's the best leafy suit (any that should be avoided?).. and the best place to get it?

I don't really care to spend the extra for the carbon scent sponge... just a basic suit.
Old 07-06-2004, 09:44 PM

I used a compression sleeve over my forearm last year and had no problems.
Old 07-06-2004, 10:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

So.. what's the best leafy suit (any that should be avoided?).. and the best place to get it?
Well I am a little biased towards ASAT

You can get it direct off the net @ www.asatcamo.com or from Len in Maryland or if you really wanted too through me[:-]

Quick Reply: Leafy camo ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.