Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Hot idea for bow season or not! >

Hot idea for bow season or not!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hot idea for bow season or not!

Old 06-29-2004, 12:50 AM

Default Hot idea for bow season or not!

What do you think of Missouri bow season opening up on September 15th ?

"I know in years past" allot of the guys around here wait tell mid to late October and I've been hearing allot of guy's that did go the first of October say their still not going tell October because it'll be to hot out to take care of a deer if you did shoot one, not to say of setting in sweat
Old 06-29-2004, 01:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hot idea for bow season or not!

I love opening day but dang them mosquitoes are bad until around November.

I'm still there though October 1st with a big smile on my face. I've got air conditioning in my Tahoe and a great butcher just down the street. So I guess Mid September would be just as good.
Old 06-29-2004, 05:40 AM

Here in South Carolina, opening day is August 14. The average temperature for that date here is 90 degrees with around 80% humidity. Regardless of the heat, I'll be there early and often.
Old 06-29-2004, 06:44 AM

i agree with you, 6.5 carcano. i really don't think moving opening day back 15 days will do anything for population control. a lot of guys i know don't start hunting until the 3rd week of october. (i hunt from the beginning until the end myself!) but, hey, that just gives me 15 more days to do what i love, whether its a hot idea or not!
Old 06-29-2004, 01:38 PM
Fork Horn

We open one Sept. 15 and if we don't get a frost it can be a bit buggy. It really depends on the area. In the swamps where the skeeters are so thick I'd pass till after a few heavy frosts. On the other hand the warm temps don't bother me, except I would'nt leave a deer over night. I just quater them up and hang them in the spare fridge.

So you guys hunt in your swim trucks in August or what?
Old 06-29-2004, 03:53 PM

Our season starts Oct. 1..........buggy as H and fairly warm. Needless to say bug spray and light clothes are a necessity!
Old 06-29-2004, 04:25 PM

Our season opens the 11 of september i think. always the second saturday or so in september. ill be out. thats when those bucks will be at the end of their bachelor groups. still could be fairly predictable. ill be out hunting opening day rain shine buggy or humid.

slayer
Old 06-29-2004, 07:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ours opens Sep. 4. And it is like 90 Degress also. But if I get my bow lined out I will be out there.
Old 06-29-2004, 07:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

Ours is the same way. But I just sweat it out.
Old 06-29-2004, 08:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Eh, quit whining some of us have to wait until the middle of October anyways. [:'(]

Quick Reply: Hot idea for bow season or not!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.