Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

When and where

Old 06-24-2004, 08:27 PM

Default RE: When and where

SLOB SLOB SLOB...thats my favorite word to describe a SLOB buck...go to www.bloodbro.com...SLOB is the official word there. wheres bukmastr, he can back me up on teh word SLOB. Daddy Rabbit? that makes him sound like some little shat of a buck. SLOB sounds big, all rutted up and ready to breed some does and whoop on some puny little runt bucks. Daddy Rabbits are the little bucks SLOBS push around. Thumper? makes it sound likea ruffed grouse or rabbit. Gollarator? i havent the faintest idea. sounds almost like something you'd call an Arab terrorist. I think this daddy rabbit business if from you southern boys. Up North here,our bucks are a quite bigger, thus requiring a special name for them. SLOB.

acceptable terms

SLOB
monster
pig
hawg
ol' joker(david blanton uses that one alot whenhe hunts Texas)
Stud
bullwinkle
giant
etc.

terms that should be eliminated from common usage
DADDY RABBIT
Gollarator

Come on yankees, use the word SLOB everywhere! Say it loudly and proudly!

slayer
Old 06-24-2004, 11:11 PM

I have to admit that everytime I hear the words Hawg or Pig in reference to a buck.....I just have to see it!!!!! That to me, means just an absolute monster with some really good head gear.
Old 06-24-2004, 11:29 PM

godzilla
monster
big boy
thats what i say
slob.....might be my new word........[X(]
Old 06-25-2004, 05:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

I grew up using the terms "HOSS" or "Big Sum Bit$%"

I still use "hoss"
Old 06-25-2004, 05:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

I grew up using the terms "HOSS" or "Big Sum Bit$%"

Two more of my favorites!
Old 06-25-2004, 08:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am guessing a cross between a Gorilla and an Allagator..

In other words a SLOB
Actually it started as Golly Whopper and transfored to Gollarator.

I don't care who's website it's on and I have never heard of the people on the website that you listed, I still think it sounds stupid. JMO

A SLOB buck WTF is that a big fat sloppy buck that is careless and could be killed by anyone? That's what I think of when I hear the word. Anyway just venting a little and voicing my opinion on the usage of the word.
Old 06-25-2004, 08:42 AM

I called my 80 year old dad on this subject and he told me unflinchingly that the term SLOB was relayed to him years ago by his dad. It meant SLY, LEERY, OL', BOY. He also said the BOY was often replaced by BUCK or BASS. Just relaying history.
Old 06-25-2004, 08:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

I called my 80 year old dad on this subject and he told me unflinchingly that the term SLOB was relayed to him years ago by his dad. It meant SLY, LEERY, OL', BOY. He also said the BOY was often replaced by BUCK or BASS. Just relaying history
That's why I asked if it was supposed to be an acronym. As an acronym it becomes more pallatable to me. However, using the term slob in an of itself to project admiration and distinction onto something is kind of an oxymoron
Old 06-25-2004, 09:07 AM

HAMMER

Thats another favorite of mine
Old 06-25-2004, 09:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

Oxymoron??[:-]

Hey! Dont'cha know there's a rule on this forum against using words with more than three syllables? Take that stuff over to the tech forum where it belongs![>:]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.