Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Father's day present >

Father's day present

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Father's day present

Old 06-21-2004, 11:32 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Father's day present

I also got a Thermacell for Fathers day. I tried it out over the weekend and it seems to work. After reading the instructions and safety warnings, the question I have for the guys that are using them to hunt from a treestand, is where do you put the Thermacell while you sit?? It says the fumes are harmful if breathed in, so I would assume you don't want it right under you on the platform of the stand. So how do you use the device without breathing in the fumes??

MN_BOWHUNTER
Old 06-21-2004, 04:32 PM
Fork Horn

you'll love it. I hunt in a swamp and used one last year. You could see where the skeeters stopped around me.
Old 06-22-2004, 01:11 AM

Ain't it great being a dad! I got a full nights sleep and a nap the following morning! OOOHHH LIfe is GREAT. I love my girls.
Old 06-22-2004, 06:12 AM

I love my Thermocell, it works GREAT. I am planning taking off the cover that covers the Butane tank and drilling a small hole in it. Then putting a small rope through it so I can hang is on the tree behind me.
Old 06-22-2004, 06:27 AM

funny you mention this product. i was just wondering if something like this was out there. In Ontario we sure could use this during bear and early deer season. Wonder if it would work duing turkey season too. Hope they sell those things north of the border too.
Canarcher
Old 06-22-2004, 06:32 AM
Dominant Buck

Funny you should mention this product. I saw them at Lens the other day but forgot to ask him about it. I may have to get one and try it the next time I go to Marks. He had more misquitos than the Amazon River basin on that horse farm.
Old 06-22-2004, 06:51 AM

So how do you use the device without breathing in the fumes??
I have hang on stands with wire mesh on the platform. I've bent up a coat hanger so I can slip it under my stand. I haven't had any problems yet.

I am planning taking off the cover that covers the Butane tank and drilling a small hole in it. Then putting a small rope through it so I can hang is on the tree behind me
If you try this please let me know how it works. The directions says it needs to be flat but I thought this would be a good idea.