Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Update: Sour corn for hog hunt >

Update: Sour corn for hog hunt

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Update: Sour corn for hog hunt

Old 06-19-2004, 06:29 PM
Typical Buck

Default Update: Sour corn for hog hunt

Poor kid got skunked again. He needs a new guide. lol Despite soaking the corn in water for two weeks and digging two three foot deep holes and filling them with corn, the hogs did not arrive. I baited the area the weekend before and went back Friday evening only to find modest digging in the area, obviously not hogs. When i arrived at the spot, there were four coons feeding, so i figured the small amount of digging was from them. The area has historically held hogs, but not this time of year. The game camera showed a full roll of coons, and a few birds. Bummer.

We have another hog weekend in July, so i will try again. This time, I will create three spots vs. just one. This will provide more options for me.
Old 06-19-2004, 06:35 PM

Default RE: Update: Sour corn for hog hunt

Sorry to hear about that teal. I dont have any ideas about what you could do. Ive never tried baiting, ive always either still hunted or spot and stalked with a little treestand hunting.
Old 06-24-2004, 12:24 PM

Teal,
not sure if you know or have found any of the wallows that they have made but if you do they make a thing called hog wild its just like the deer cocaine might work not sure though i am going to buy some though for here in louisianna
Old 06-25-2004, 02:18 AM

hey, you know down here (cost of texas) we have alot of hogs on the place where i live and hog wild works great if you dont mind the hog wollows you might lose a truck in but if you dont want to spend the money on the hog wild just get you some rice and sour that i works better than corn the hog will come from miles around for it.
oh yea it is my first time posting something so hey everyone and thanks for all of the great info i have recived from you