Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

cameras

Old 06-18-2004, 12:16 PM

Default cameras

has anybody had problems with the stealth cam taking a whole roll of film of nothing, and what is the cure if anything?
Old 06-18-2004, 12:26 PM

Default RE: cameras

I can think of 2 possibilities:

1) You didn't load the film correctly and the film never advanced. this will result in no pictures.

2) You have some object that is prone to move in the wind such as tall grass or a tree branch that is in the PIR sensor zone and it is causing false triggers. In this case you will end up with lots of pics of scenery and no animals.
Old 06-18-2004, 05:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

If I'm understanding you right you had a whole roll that showed to have pictures on it, but none of them had anything in them after you developed them.
A couple of things we have found that will cause that is:

1) Putting it an area facing into the sun or out in the wide open where it surrounded by sun. As the temperature rises, it will false trigger.

2) There have been several people that have said they had to put some tape over the edged of the PIR because the detection area was wider than what the lens of the camera could see.

3) When the batteries get weak the PIR has a delay between detection and the picture actually snapping. If you have it set up on a trail rather than a feeder, then the animal has already passed by the time the camera snaps the picture.
Old 06-18-2004, 06:17 PM

the camera is just snapping a whole roll of woods in the pictures
Old 06-19-2004, 09:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think the camera is getting triggered by either weeds that are moving back and forth in the wind or a tree or limb. Try cutting them down or moving the camera to a different location.
Old 06-19-2004, 02:38 PM

Dont point your camera to the sun. Try to place it in a shaded area if possable. I have had and still have this problem, but try to keep it out of the direct sun, it helps.