Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

???????

Old 06-17-2004, 02:20 PM
mez
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: ???????

Nice hog. I'd say good shot, you have one very dead pig with and arrow sticking out both sides through both of the lungs.
Old 06-17-2004, 02:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

I just keep reading posts on this site. Just seemed like there were few people trying to criticize the shot. The animals down, you know.
Yes, the animal is down and very dead. However, I just wonder if purposely trying to shoot through the shoulder is considered a good shot. Is it a wise shot?
Old 06-17-2004, 02:46 PM

Justthrowit, No biggy.....not pissed !
Old 06-17-2004, 06:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Correct me if I'm wrong here hog hunters , but it's my understanding that the vitals on a hog are closer to the front than what you'd expect from most other animals?? To the point where you have to hug the shoulder real close or penetrate it. Thats what I've heard , I've never hog hunted but would like to try it.
Old 06-17-2004, 07:32 PM

Congrats on the hog! i was under the impression that it was a black bear. Looks like a great shot to me. We have a few russain boars that are wild running around 20 miles from here that got out of a game farm a while back. I have yet to whack anything with my bow. Congrats again!

slayer
Old 06-17-2004, 07:38 PM

Nice shot, reguardless of placement or penatration. You found the animal so that tells me you did just right. Congrats and call me for the cook-out.
Old 06-17-2004, 07:44 PM

A picture speaks a thousand words. NICE SHOT. He's down, thats all that counts. Keep up the good work.
Old 06-18-2004, 04:41 AM

ORIGINAL: justhrowit

Hell of a shot and a great looking bear. Hope thats me one day.

Jay

I thought it was a gorilla and then a hog. Nice shot.
Old 06-18-2004, 08:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

when i first saw that pic, i thought it was a blk.lab too, then i saw piggy
the hogs have that plate behind the shoulders,that is hard to penetrate, it looks to me like a awesome shot, went it and out, he found it, he done good
my archery hog from last season, the arrow only stuck out about 4 inches and at first she left only a couple of drops of blood , then pools, then drops again, then i saw her , with my arrow still in her....i was lucky it went through.....bone and all , but it does
Old 06-18-2004, 01:58 PM
Typical Buck

I think it is a black lab, but I wish it was a rottweiler. Oh well, black labs are better eating anway.