Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 question about target practice backing >

question about target practice backing

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

question about target practice backing

Old 08-09-2004, 12:18 AM

Default RE: question about target practice backing

A cheap way to ake your own target is to buy a heep of poly-fill from a fabric/craft store or a bunch of garbage bags and buy some nylon feed bags. Fill the feed bags with the poly-fill or garbage bags tightly and tie it off. You have just made your own bag target for about $10 to $15 bucks. When you need to replace the outer bag, slip it into a new feed bag. Done. It will stop all arrows EXCEPT broadhead tipped ones.
Old 08-09-2004, 12:33 AM

Default RE: question about target practice backing

no they werent tryin to get some extra $$ out of you...they were tellin the truth..i shoot my pse bow at 48 lbs., 28 draw, alluminum tru-flite 30" arrows....it penetrated straight throught 2 bales a couple times.. theres no way i could of gone with one...the only way u could is if u took the end of the bale and shot at it..it seems to be a lot tighter and the arrow barely goes through. but i suggest putting ur money into a good target at ur nearest archery dealer.