HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Degree of Difficulty (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/63561-degree-difficulty.html)

Dirt2 06-14-2004 04:47 PM

Degree of Difficulty

This post is for you bowhunting snobs out there. I'm aiming for that percentage of bozos who check in to this site occasionally with comments like, "I don't see how anyone could kill a deer with a rifle and call it a hunt", etc., etc., etc. Do you also flyfish, and sit around racking on worm drowners? Probably you think the particular corporate brand of bow you shoot makes you more of a man too, huh?

Here's what I think. I hunt with both bow and rifle, because I like to maximize my time in the woods. I also think that a whitetail hunt here in western MT with a rifle, is more of a challenge by a country mile than sitting in a deer stand on the edge of an Iowa cornfield where 40 deer a day walk by your stand inside bow range. I'd bet that a rifle-killed buck in the Adirondacks of NY is a greater challenge than a huge percentage of bow kills that are made around the US.

I hunt both eastern MT farm country and western MT USFS land, and I know whereof I speak. If you cloned me, call me Bowhunter Dan and call my clone Riflehunter Dan, then limited Bowhunter Dan to eastern MT farm country and Riflehunter Dan to western MT USFS land, it'd be absolutely no contest. Bowhunter Dan in eastern MT would kill several times the bucks of any given age class as Riflehunter Dan in western MT. Do I make my point?

All I'm asking is that you take a deep breath and make sure you know what you're talking about next time you start throwing around wild generalizations.

IL-Cornfed 06-14-2004 04:55 PM

RE: Degree of Difficulty

I clicked on this topic to read "degree of difficulty" and read your post. Am I missing something here??? What brought this on???

You should watch the comparisons though on deer hunting??? I mean what are you suggesting,...... that it's just to easy to kill a monster deer over an Iowa cornfield??? Please don't get caught up in the stone throwing that you are complaining about.

Good luck and good hunting, no matter how or what you're huntin' :D

Bukmastr 06-14-2004 05:20 PM

I agree with cornfed, your adding to the problem. We all need to work together to keep our hunting traditions. Strangers are just freinds, we have not met yet.

Rickmur 06-14-2004 05:28 PM

I am involking rule's

4. No topics and/or statements which could be used to reflect poorly on hunting, archery or firearms. Anti-hunting and other posts indicating a stance against the hunting, archery and firearm industry will be removed

6. Please do not post anything that could be used by "anti-hunting" groups to support their cause. Remember, it is easy to take comments out of context. Keep this in mind as you post, since anti-hunting groups may visit this site in search of ammunition for their cause.

8. Do not engage in "flame-wars" or excessive exchange of confrontational postings. Debate is important, but users should not try to "pick a fight."

TOPIC LOCKED