Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

new bow?

Old 06-11-2004, 05:29 AM
Typical Buck

Default new bow?

Getting ready to replace my lost bow (Q2XL) and the guy at my pro shop is promoting the mathews ovation. I know he shoots a lot of target shoots, but I mainly looking for a hunting bow. My priorities are dependable, QUIET, smooth shooting and low maintenance. I would like to hear your input. I have now preconceived notions except that I am not a speed freak and I am not a short bow advecate. It will be interesting to hear your input.
Old 06-11-2004, 05:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: new bow?

Sounds like you need a LEGACY!Has all the qualities you're looking for.
Old 06-11-2004, 05:51 AM
Typical Buck

What about the conquest? On paper it sounds like a good bow especially with that long axle to axle.
Old 06-11-2004, 05:53 AM

You lost your bow?Talk about tramatic!!Since you want to stay with a longer ata bow,you really have some great bows to chose from.The Ovation would be a good choice,so would an Hoyt X-Tech,Bowtech Pro-40(38),single or dual cam Patriot.I,too like a longer bow and I enjoy shooting 3-D,but my main function is hunting.My personal choice(going by your requests)would be the LX.I say this because it seems that your requirements are much the same as mine.My LX fits the bill perfectly.You'll get a lot of advice and different opinions on which bow to buy,but the bottom line, it's got to be the right bow for you.Have fun looking and shoot a bunch of bows,you'll know the one thats right for you...Bob
Old 06-11-2004, 06:09 AM

bows are kind of personal they have to fit try a few different brands before you buy parker bows are are an excellent value if you can find one you like shooting i like mine but i have a shorter bow
Old 06-11-2004, 06:30 AM

I just replaced my Q2XL with the outback. I know going from 38 inches to 31.5 but I have to tell you the thing shots as well as the Q2XL, which I still have and dont think i would ever part with. But as far as quiet, smooth and a tac driver I have no complaints with the outback. Shot my first 3D coarse the other day with it and its everything they say it is.
Old 06-11-2004, 06:39 AM

I would also try the Bowtech Liberty. It is a shorter A2A then you are used to, but it is the smoothest bow I have ever shot and an overall nice bow.
Old 06-11-2004, 06:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

Have you considered other brand's Kansas? I have the 2004 BowTech Patriot Dually and I'll never shoot another brand of bow ,I have shot a few Mathew's bow's and liked them as well. I'm not knocking Mathew's because I believe they are a great bow as well . Good luck in choosing this is usually the fun time .

nubo
Old 06-11-2004, 06:43 AM
Typical Buck

Let me throw one other criteria into the mix. I will not shoot expandable broadheads. The bow must shoot fixed blades same as field points. I have been shooting thunderhead 125s and don't see any reason to switch.
Old 06-11-2004, 07:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Find a shop/shops that carry the "big three" Mathews, Hoyt & Bow Tech. Shoot there bows & then leave without buying, so you can think about it with a clear head. I would also recommend that you at least try a Darton. I never liked the old Darton Rampage. The new Darton Typhoon shoots like a wet dream for me. I love it.
Other bow makers to consider are Martin, Renegade, Champion & Fread Bear.

Good luck,

wk

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.