Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Beman ICS???

Old 06-09-2004, 01:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Beman ICS???

When bought my first carbons they were Beman ICS Field shafts. Since then I've shot the Hunters and Camo Hunters, but I'm having a hard time finding the field shafts and Beman doesn't even list them on their site. Have they been replaced or removed or renamed? I'm only asking becasue that first set of shafts are getting old(read lost or destroyed)and I seemed to either have a really good set or they were very good quality. Any input would be helpful.

Thanks,
Jason
Old 06-09-2004, 01:08 PM

Default RE: Beman ICS???

Not sure on your question but I can tell you that I am shooting the Hunters and am quite happy.

Also - I checked ebay earlier today for Bemans and someone did have a dozen or so of those Field shafts. It caught my eye because I wasn't familiar w/ them.
Old 06-10-2004, 05:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was just wondering what happened to that model of shaft since I can't seem to find them regularly. I did see the same auctions and that's actually what prompted me to ask. I've shot them for years, but there just doesn't seem to be many on the market and I thought maybe someone here would know.

I'm shooting the hunters now and some camo hunters as well, but I don't like the camo's at all...the finish leaves alot to be desired IMO. I don't mind the hunters though....that's probably what I'll end up with in the end simply based on availibility.

Thanks.
Old 06-10-2004, 08:57 AM

I shoot the hunters and am very happy with them. I am wondering if the Hawk is the old field shaft?
Old 06-10-2004, 09:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Mobow, I saw in a link while searching the net that the shafts were listed somehting like this: ICS Hunter, ICS Camo Hunter, ICS Venture, ICS Hawk/Field

You might be right on that....I'm going to call Beman/Easton and find out for sure.
Old 06-10-2004, 09:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

I just hung up with Easton....the Field shafts were discontinued a few years ago. The closest shaft to them is the Easton Litespeed. I didn't ask why they were discontinued, I figured it doesn't matter much now. They did tell me there are still quite a few floating around out there.....I'm going to have to stock up or just keep shooting the hunters....either way at least we all know the scoop now. Thanks guys!