Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 making my decision today (need help) >

making my decision today (need help)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

making my decision today (need help)

Old 06-10-2004, 02:54 AM

Default RE: making my decision today (need help)

OK,,Take 3 small pieces of paper, write the names of the bows on them,,next,burn them,,,,now go out and buy an OUTBACK[8D]
Old 06-10-2004, 06:00 AM

Hey DH 21,Droptines is right,if you shoot the Outback,you won't be confused anymore...Bob
Old 06-10-2004, 06:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Droptines

OK,,Take 3 small pieces of paper, write the names of the bows on them,,next,burn them,,,,now go out and buy an OUTBACK[8D]
Yep..burning the paper will give you needed practice for when you get the Outback, and decide it should share the same fate [&:]
Old 06-10-2004, 06:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Heck, why don't you just buy all 3 so you can shoot them enough to really tell?[8D]
While you're at it, why not buy the Outback too? What's another $600? Then you could be really sure, or your shooting could be totally messed from constantly analyzing too many bows.[8D]

On a more slightly more serious note, I would think the Patriot gives you the best features of both the Liberty and the MM. It has all the speed (or a little more) that the MM has, and the slightly better stability from the longer riser like the Liberty. I know that lots of guys really like their short bows these days, but it's hard for me to comprehend how a sub 34" ATA bow is going to be too long to shoot from a tree stand. All 3 are very nice, as are most bows out there today. Hope you really enjoy the bow that you choose to buy.
Old 06-10-2004, 06:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

theres a bowtech patriot that i have been looking at a 03 model shot less than 100 times for around 450 but they said it was a 60lb draw and i'm wanting a 70lb do you guys think that this would still produce the speed that i need with my short draw length
DO NOT SETTLE for just any bow. Buy the bow you want. You will be the one paying for it. You will be the one that has to shoot this bow.

P.S. What bow did you buy?
Old 06-10-2004, 09:16 AM

Why not purchase the one that is most suitable for the purpose you're going to use it for? Higher brace heights have their advantages with heavy clothing. Short ATA bows can be more maneuverable on a stalk or in heavy cover. Maybe for you particular use, you'd like something lighter, or quieter. Speed, although highly overrated, may be your top priority. However, you're the only one who knows what you want and prefer. Letting us help decide is not a good idea.

Let us know which one you get.
Old 06-11-2004, 12:55 AM
Fork Horn

DH21 what you could do (if you have a proshop to shoot them at ) is shoot each one of them with your eyes closed and see which one feels the best. You will be supprised at how much difference you will feel shooting like this. This is what I had to do and it really helped.
Old 06-11-2004, 01:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

DH21 what you could do (if you have a proshop to shoot them at ) is shoot each one of them with your eyes closed and see which one feels the best. You will be supprised at how much difference you will feel shooting like this. This is what I had to do and it really helped.
I'll second that! And better yet , have the pro shop tech blind fold you when he puts the bow in your hand so your not influenced by brand , model , or price tag. Just pick the one that feels best!
Old 06-11-2004, 11:55 AM
c j
Typical Buck

Looks like the question has been answered. new thread re: the purchase

Appears the MightyMite was the pick for deerhunter21