Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Been seeing any racks??? >

Been seeing any racks???

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Been seeing any racks???

Old 06-09-2004, 08:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Been seeing any racks???

Has anyone been seeing any bucks with racks? I haven't been back to my hunting spots to scout them out. My buddy has some good footage of a nice buck with about a 10" droptine already and about the same for browtines. But his main-beams are just starting to curl forward. Anxious to see what he grows up to be.

He has about 10 pictures of this buck(game-cam) from last year when it had about a 10" droptine, looks to be even bigger this year, maybe pushing B&C. Hopefully my buddy can tag him with the bow this year. Anybody been seeing any other nice bucks?
Old 06-09-2004, 08:36 AM

Default RE: Been seeing any racks???

I've seen a couple so far this year. The racks aren't that big here yet so they tend to hide behind the ears and are difficult to see without binos. I saw a nice bull moose a couple of weeks ago that had better than a foot on each side of his head.
Old 06-09-2004, 09:20 AM

I've seen a couple mossies so far but I always carry my binocs. It sure helps this time of year. When they are just starting to sprout a new battle gear it's hard for my eyes to pick up without my 2nd. specs.. Sure is fun to see them early on in the new cycle. I find myself paying real particular attention to the entire buck. Once I get to really observe the entire animal it helps me later to differentiate how a particular buck is forming up, so to speak.
Old 06-09-2004, 01:45 PM
Typical Buck

i have not yet, but have heard others have been seeing them
Old 06-09-2004, 03:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Saw "Elvis" the other day from about 1/4 mile away. He was bedded down in an open field. I could see from that far that he already had a nice large rack in velvet - binoculars verified this. His name is Elvis because he is the King around my parts. Can't wait to meet up with him again this year.
Old 06-09-2004, 03:45 PM

Friday night I saw a 8 pointer with 6 inch brow tines and 8 inch g2s , I saw this deer last fall and it was the tallest rack I have ever seen on hoof. Lst year it was at least 150 class, hope I can hunt him this year.
Old 06-09-2004, 04:46 PM

Got an unseasonable brief rain here in norther california yesterday so decided to take a ride up on the ranch to see what I could see. 8 bucks out moving around, 1 4x4, a good 3x3, and 6 3x2 's or forked horns. One of the forkies dwarfed the 4x4 and 3x3 with a 21-22 " wide rack and very tall. Our archery season opens up on July 10th, and I am anxiously marking the days off on the calendar.
Old 06-09-2004, 04:50 PM
Dominant Buck

Yeah, I was in the French Quarter last night and saw a lot of fine racks flashing,oh shoot sorry wrong board.
Old 06-09-2004, 08:31 PM

Driving home tonight I saw 6 bucks sporting very respectable racks for this time of year. One was a nice 5 pointer, two 6 pointers that were out to their ears and a beauty of an 8 pointer.

The 8 pointer was past his ears and beginning to curl. His brow tines were as high as his G2s and they were at least 6 inches high. To top it off, this big 8 pointer was VERY symetrical.

All of them were within 50 yards, so 8 x 56 Steiners gave me a tremendous view.
Old 06-09-2004, 10:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

I see deer here just about every day living in the kootenai national forest. Yesterday at dark- thirty, 4 bucks came in feeding around the kabin here, No Does were with them and I watched them for 45 minutes as one of them had a bad gimp. 3 of the deer had forks and the other had 3pts on each side and getting ready to branch out another.
I don't shoot deer here on my own property b/c I kinda think of it as my refrigerator. Never know when I might need to use it when the winters get rough. I do have a couple stands on each corner of my property facing forestry where I might put guest to hunt in or just observe wildlife. Bobby

Quick Reply: Been seeing any racks???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.