Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I hate this!!

Old 05-26-2004, 08:44 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: I hate this!!

Definately sounds like someone is buddies w/ someone else and came up w/ some BS so that a certain someone would win. Or something to that effect.

I would love to see some better pics.. that's an awesome deer.

Only problem w/ that being your 1st deer is.. it's all down hill from here...
Old 05-26-2004, 09:09 PM

Here are some other pics.

KBacon we asked around and that was pretty much what had happened and its not gonna be down hill.
Old 05-26-2004, 09:18 PM

He may have the award but he dosn't have that awesome buck hanging on his wall. Shoot....I'll make you an award if you want one!
Sweet Buck!

3 step
Old 05-26-2004, 10:04 PM

Thats it man, I'll trade a award for that deer, I bet the guy they gave it too would also. Great Buck
Old 05-26-2004, 10:14 PM
Fork Horn

Who care's about an award! Boy that's a WALLHANGER!!!! I'd still be grinning if it was on my wall!!! I know it stinks for you, and you don't understand this now, but the other guy will always know he shouldn't have won, and so will you! Awesome buck, now since it's not downhill from there when can I come up and go hunting!!!!

Gordon
Old 05-26-2004, 10:30 PM

Anytime after i get mine.
Old 05-27-2004, 04:49 AM
Boone & Crockett

That is a beautiful buck. I have to agree with the others that I would just be proud of the animal. Back stabbing politics in clubs is what ruins them. I would look for another club.
Old 05-27-2004, 06:54 AM
Dominant Buck

I wouldn't worry about it.... but then I never would have entered him in the first place. I just don't worry about such things. I wouldn't know what he measured either because I've never put more than an inside measurement on a rack. Rejoice in the deer and realize you started at the top... it's tough to bring a bigger one home.
Old 05-27-2004, 07:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds to me like someone couldn't take being beaten by a young man. That is one HECK of a nice buck. You should be proud and NEVER look back at that club. Seems to me you are more of an adult then them anyway. Good luck next season.
Old 05-27-2004, 07:49 AM

Let me start with CONGRATULATIONS on a truly beautiful animal. What a beast!

I know it sucks now and you were given a BS excuse as to why you buck didn't win. But hey, You have the trophy. What would you rather have, Your buck and no trophy or a subordinate(I use this term lightly beacuse a 124" buck is still a dandy) buck with an award.

The true reward is a magnificant whitetail and the memories he has give you. Pick you head and be proud of what your have accomplished. Many hunters will spend a lifetime trying to achieve what you have already accomplished

Quick Reply: I hate this!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.