Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
What's the perfect job for whitetail hunters! >

What's the perfect job for whitetail hunters!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What's the perfect job for whitetail hunters!

Old 02-21-2002, 10:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What's the perfect job for whitetail hunters!

Tazman...Wake up!! LOL

I'm a teacher. Not bad during hunting season. I get 4 personal days, every weekend off...and I can be in my stand every day at 2:30. Not as good as some...but better than most!
Old 02-21-2002, 10:39 AM

Pro-Line
I do think we have the best job. I am a school teacher also and I don't coach in the fall. Combined with a good wife I hunt 6-7 evenings a week, 2 mornings and I grouse and pheasant hunt during the day on weekends. It does'nt get much better than that. I find myself passing up nice bucks just because I don't want to see my fall bowhunting come to and end. I love my job and my schedule. Summers off or I work part time, still leaves plenty of time for scouting.
I teach in a small town in MN and in the fall my students sure know how to get me off track,LOL, but I figure, what a great subject to get off track about, HUNTING.
Old 02-21-2002, 11:43 AM
Fork Horn

I am a firefighter/paramedic only work 10 days a month
Old 02-21-2002, 11:56 AM
Boone & Crockett

Actually all kidding aside I have some great hours on my job, I get off at 2:30 in the afternoon which allows me to hunt any afternoon I want. I also have been with the same company for 20 years so I always take opening week of bow off and opening week of gun also. This is one reason why I tell younger people to find a good company and stick with it.

The Tazman
Old 02-21-2002, 12:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

I am in the pest control business
not many bugs out there during deer season so I get to go when I want
Old 02-21-2002, 12:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

Although I find error in your assumption that there can be such a thing as a "perfect job" -- if you've subjected yourself to working for another man the rest of your life, outside sales offers you quite a bit of autonomy and more freedom than usual.
Old 02-21-2002, 12:22 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-21-2002, 12:47 PM

You would think that being in the "business" we'd get to hunt whenever we want. Truth is, we don't get to hunt as much now as before we had Summit. When the season rolls around, we're at our busiest time of the year.
Summitman
Old 02-21-2002, 01:03 PM

I am in the Army I get at least a 3 day weekend every month and a 4 day weekend most federal holidays, guaranteed 30 days of vaction of year provided you dont get into to much trouble LOL! I also dont work on the weekends unless I am deployed or in the field and my backyard is 300,000 acres of woods where I can hunt darn near any place I want.

Andrew
I dont make the plans, I make them happen!
Old 02-21-2002, 06:24 PM

Industrial Sales. As long as I hit my numbers I can do whatever I want. So bust by you know what so I can slide thru deer season. I can pretty much hunt as I want, as long as I get my work done. With the laptop, I can get half my work done anywhere and any time. If I am organized, I have all the time I want. But, I also work long hours, I just arrange it so that I am not as busy Oct1 on. PLUS, I make contacts that offer me hunting opportunites all over, from Alabama to Colorado, and alot our MO.

--Jim

Quick Reply: What's the perfect job for whitetail hunters!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.