Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 My First Bow Kill!!!! >

My First Bow Kill!!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My First Bow Kill!!!!

Old 05-13-2004, 07:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: My First Bow Kill!!!!

Squirrel dude I'm still on your side. Although I do agree that you shouldn't go into a cussing tirade over this. But to me, as an 40 year old adult, Squirrel posted a thread about his first bow kill and instead congrats he's getting a bunch of crap about illeagal killing and not getting spiritual enough about taking a life. I have a dump truck load of animals in my life and I have to admit that I've NEVER laid in bed at night and wondered what the animals were thinking or feeling when I killed them, I'm afraid if I did that it would probably ruin hunting for me. Does this make me immature or a terrible person I don't think so. Give this kid a break he seems to me like a good person.
Old 05-13-2004, 10:47 AM
Fork Horn

I, as you all know agree with what Matt said. This is not about the word kill or harvest (FYI Harvest is the term I use when I take a animal) why you ask??? Well, I eat what I shoot...I don't do it for pleasure....never have and never will....as for it destroying a garden.... whatever, there are other ways of getting rid of the problem rather than using a live animal as TARGET PRACTICE. .....This is a about the difference between right from wrong....whomever you are not just Joe, it just isn't right to take an animal and then laugh about it. Its okay to be happy that you had an oppurtunity to take it...I always am but I also always thank the animal too. Kinda like TED says....whats his saying, something like long live the beast... or something...I don't say that but I do get down and thank the animal....To me, its the right thing to do. Thanking the guy up above for giving you the oppurtunity to be at that place at that time wouldn't hurt either.
VH
Old 05-13-2004, 02:37 PM

i dont thank the animal, i thank god for giving me the opportunity to kill an animal
Old 05-13-2004, 03:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

First of all...Congrats on the kill. That is a tough shot. I have trouble hitting them with my .22 sometimes. Secondly I'd have to agree with Matt and some of the others about the way you reacted. I'm just 18 but I can see there is quite a bit of difference in those 6 years. You're a pretty cool kid (form what I've seen on your other posts) and have some growing to do. Take it easy though. This site is for hunters to get together and learn from one another. I'd say all of us that have read this thread have hopefully learned something.
And by the way, god should be the one to get thanks for the hunt...not the animal.
Old 05-13-2004, 03:45 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Virginia Hunter

I, as you all know agree with what Matt said. This is not about the word kill or harvest (FYI Harvest is the term I use when I take a animal) why you ask??? Well, I eat what I shoot...I don't do it for pleasure....never have and never will....as for it destroying a garden.... whatever, there are other ways of getting rid of the problem rather than using a live animal as TARGET PRACTICE. .....This is a about the difference between right from wrong....whomever you are not just Joe, it just isn't right to take an animal and then laugh about it. Its okay to be happy that you had an oppurtunity to take it...I always am but I also always thank the animal too. Kinda like TED says....whats his saying, something like long live the beast... or something...I don't say that but I do get down and thank the animal....To me, its the right thing to do. Thanking the guy up above for giving you the oppurtunity to be at that place at that time wouldn't hurt either.
VH
If it's Ted Nugent your talking about he believes in keeping varmits in check. It's the right thing to do to keep down disease. Stray dogs get shot on sight and the only good coon is a dead coon.
Old 05-13-2004, 05:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Squirrel, Congrats on TAKING your first animal with your bow. I know it feels good and you want to share your excitement. As I am sure that we all do, no matter how negative the comments may seem to be. We have all worked very hard to keep the name of hunting in a positive light. We just need to be careful about what we say and to whom. This is a public board. Public meaning that anyone can join no matter what their purpose is. There is alot of good advice here. It would be interesting to see all of the years experience added up. It would be in the hundreds if not thousands. The advice given by these people should not be taken lightly. Yes, there is some crap that needs to be weeded through, but with the amount of posts that you have on here I am sure that you can figure that part out on your own. Some of the people with whom you were very defensive towards have helped you along the way and gave you the advice needed to make that shot, and to get that feeling of success. It would be a shame to turn your back on them. And good job to those who commented on right from wrong. The fact that you did ,what you did to keep the animal from suffering was good. To tell it on a public forum probably wasn't the best. It is stuff like this that keeps the environmentalists going. Keep practicing buddy and your day will come...............................
Old 05-13-2004, 07:38 PM

HOW MANY TURKEYS HAVE BEEN KILLED BY STOMPING THEIR HEADS IN THE GROUND AFTER THE SHOT, EVEN WITH A SHOTGUN. I REMEMBER WHEN I WAS YOUNG, BIRD HUNTING WITH A BB GUN AND EVERY KILL WAS TONS OF FUN. MAYBE I WAS LACKING OF RESPECT FOR THE BIRDS, I DON'T KNOW, BUT I PROMISE I DIDN'T THINK TWICE ABOUT IT, AND I LEARNED ALOT OF GOOD HUNTING SKILLS. HUNTING SMALL GAME OR VARMENTS IS PART OF OUR OBLIGATION OF BEING ON TOP OF THE FOOD CHAIN. I CAN SAY I HAVE GAINED RESPECT FOR ANIMALS OF ALL WALKS OF LIFE IN MY ADULT YEARS, BUT I ALWAYS REMEMBER WHOS RESPONSABILITY IT IS TO KEEP ANIMALS IN CHECK ESPEICALLY VARMINTS THAT PROBRALY DON'T HAVE MANY PEDATERS IN SUBURBAN AMERICA. I KILL SEVERAL SQUIRRELS EVERY YEAR THAT CHEW ON MY OUTSIDE DECK. JUST REMEMBER YOUNG MAN, THERE IS A PLACE IN THE WOODS FOR ALL VARMINTS. BY KILLING THOSE GOPHERS YOU PROBRALY DONE YOURSELF AND YOUR FAMILY SOME GOOD. JUST BE SAFE.

GOD BLESS AMERICA.
Old 05-13-2004, 07:42 PM

Squirrel..................congrats on the kill......but i also agree with matt and a few others.....
Old 05-13-2004, 09:20 PM
Fork Horn

good job i hate those i kill chipmunks all the time thay get me up in the morn i havent hit it with my bow but i have try
Old 05-14-2004, 12:21 AM

ORIGINAL: Squirrelhunter91

ORIGINAL: Klondike

[>:]i'm sorry i dont see the pride in killing a animal that small. with not even enough meat to eat on it... and i'm only saying congrates on hiting such a small target. other wards hunt biger game.

hey klondike, atleast i can bowhunt and i have my courses done with. BTW im only 12!!!
wow man where did that come from??? so what if i havent got my cource done with. u want to know why. cuz i just started to bow hunt so screw off. i was not making fun of u for what u did. i was just expressing my opinion. so calm down

Quick Reply: My First Bow Kill!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.