Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 My First Bow Kill!!!! >

My First Bow Kill!!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My First Bow Kill!!!!

Old 05-12-2004, 04:54 AM

Default My First Bow Kill!!!!

Yesterday, i was about to leave for the bus stop and i decided to look out my window. There was a chipmunk in my yard!!! i had shot at this animal plenty of times before with my pellet gun, and i kept missing.... Well this time i didnt miss. i opened my window real quietly and slowly, then got the screen open, put my release on, nocked an arrow, put my 15 yard pin on the middle of the chipmunks back, then i let that arrow fly. It took the chipmunk with it across the yard and then when it stopped, it pinned it to the ground. The chipmunk didnt make any noise at all but when i got back there to recover my animal and arrow, it wasnt dead. it was trying to bite the arrow in half. so i stomped on the ground, and got it to turn towards me, then i stepped on its head and crushed its skull. My buddy had just come over from his house so we could leave to the bus stop and he saw me carrying an arrow with a chipmunk on it. he couldnt stop laughin. i put it on ice in the garage. When i got home me and dad skinned it. i will have pictures once the skin dries up and i will take a pic with me and all my squirrel skins and chipmunks also.

-Joe
Old 05-12-2004, 08:57 AM

Default RE: My First Bow Kill!!!!

What's the season and limits on those?
Old 05-12-2004, 08:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice, Congrats on the Kill!
Old 05-12-2004, 09:30 AM
Typical Buck

Do you plan to eat that animal?
Old 05-12-2004, 10:00 AM
Fork Horn

First of all, not to burst your bubble but I won't be congradulating you and you taking an animal out of season...if there is a season for them is wrong. If you're not eating it, its wrong. And the way you told the the story, is wrong. No need for the gore. Crushing the chipmunks skull...come on, we didn't need to here that. This is why thos Peta people are all over us. When hunters tell a story, we practice using the word "harvest". Two, we don't laugh about the animals death. Thats just wrong. From the photo, I see you're just a kid and have a lot of growing up to do. Someone needs to show you right from wrong. Next time think about it before you type it.
Old 05-12-2004, 10:42 AM

ORIGINAL: mrfritz44

Do you plan to eat that animal?

there is not enough meat on it to eat. they are classified as varmints and can be shot all year round with no bag limit. and virginia hunter, i am not worried about antis being here. bc if we have to watch what we say and do amongst ourselves, then the anti's have already won.
Old 05-12-2004, 10:45 AM

It seems to me he is being raised correctly by not bowing to the politically correct crowd by sugar coating his first kill with his bow. Maybe if more people would stand up to that crowd this country wouldn't be in the position it's in now.
Old 05-12-2004, 10:55 AM

I don't know about anybody else but I just hate the term "harvest". I have never harvested an animal, but I have killed several. In my mind, the word harvest degrades the status and dignity of the animals we hunt to that of a plant.
Old 05-12-2004, 11:11 AM
Boone & Crockett

North Rockland eh? did you know?

It is illegal to discharge a firearm or bow:

so that the load or arrow passes over any part of a public highway,
within 500 feet of any school, playground, or an occupied factory or church,
within 500 feet of a dwelling, farm building or structure in occupation or use unless you own it, lease it, are an immediate member of the family, an employee, or have the owner's consent.
You may hunt waterfowl over water within 500 feet of a dwelling, public structure, livestock, or person as long as none of these are in the line of fire and within 500 feet of you.

VH,
When hunters tell a story, we practice using the word "harvest".
lol. Maybe you do but that word will never pass my lips I kill animals and eat them. I am a hunter.
Old 05-12-2004, 11:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

Squirrelhunter91 - you little madman!!!!

Quick Reply: My First Bow Kill!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.