HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Funniest arrow shot that you have seen.. (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/61165-funniest-arrow-shot-you-have-seen.html)

nagalfar 05-11-2004 12:34 PM

Funniest arrow shot that you have seen..

Would love to know some of the funniest shots any of you have seen.. mine was while Predator hunting with a freind, who could blow a wounded rabbit call like no one I have ever known, while enjoying the end of a luckless afternoon.. a bobcat came racing up at about WARP 50, came to a dead stop about 20 yards from us.. just as I started to draw, the bobcat hunched down looking straight at us, I was sure he seen the movement, so I was in a hurry to let it fly.. well the arrow struck right about the middle if the bobcats forehead and did a upward Ricochet, the bobcat having been brained, BUT STILL fully awake and now mad as hell was clawing, hissing, and spitting, he was just bouncing all over the ground.. mean while, the arrow having gone upward went into a tree.. then went OVER our heads into a tree behind us.. just as the bobcat went warp 50 back the same way he came in, there was a rather large rustling through the tree, followed by a thump behind us.. the arrow had found its mark.. in a porcupine.. I KID YOU NOT.. anyone else have any funny or bizarre shots?

Danny45 05-11-2004 12:39 PM

RE: Funniest arrow shot that you have seen..

Well I thought I had a couple until I read yours. [>:]

Rack-attack 05-11-2004 01:01 PM

I never found anything funny about killing an animal...........or even in the attempt

and when it goes wrong (wich it can at times) - Its just plain ugly IMO.

CBM SC 05-11-2004 01:30 PM

That has got to be a Fieldmouse story !! Not too funny in my book !!

DR KILL 05-11-2004 02:25 PM

I WAS TEACHING MY WIFE HOW TO SHOOT A RECURVE ON OUR HONEYMOON, WE WERE AT THE POCONOS IN PA, IT WAS A RESORT,
SHE WAS SHOOTING GOOD FOR ABOUT TEN MINUTES THEN HER ARM GOT TIRED , WHEN SHE WAS DRAWING BACK SHE RELEASED THE ARROW INTO THE SKY AND OVER THE BACK OF THE TARGET DOWN INTO THE WOODS , WE OVERHEARD SOME HIKERS AT THE DINER TABLE TELLING THE STORY ABOUT HOW A ARROW CRASHED RIGHT BESIDE ONE OF THEM WHEN THEY WERE DOING # 2 IN THE BUSHES,, THAT WAS A LITTLE DANGEROUS BUT NONE THE LESS FUNNY AS HECK

Fieldmouse 05-11-2004 06:02 PM

ORIGINAL: CBM SC

That has got to be a Fieldmouse story !! Not too funny in my book !!
Now how fair is that? The only funny arrow stories I have, consist of adding a new perch 25' up for birds. I've done that a time or two. Nagalfar's story is still funny. I think it's called Sh$T happens.

Dr Kill the only thing I want to know is did you get the room with the heart shape jacuzzi?

DR KILL 05-11-2004 09:20 PM

OH YEAH HEART SHAPED TUB, SUNNA, POOL AND STEAM SHOWER WITH ROUND BED AND A FIREPLACE, IT WAS SWEET AND IT HAD A POND ON THE RESORT TO SUMMIT WAS THE NAME

idahoelkinstructor 05-11-2004 09:48 PM

I agree with Rack-Attack, if a arrow goes anywhere but the intended target it's not funny. I heard form a friend, can't conferm if it is true. A few years ago a person was practicing in his front fenced in yard in Bosie Idaho. He aparently missed his target and instead of hitting the wooden fence his arrow went through a open nothole. At the same time a police car was traveling by, his arrow hit and stuck in the police car, in one of the doors. The man got into a lot of trouble for shooting his bow inside city limits and shooting a police car. Not funney at all.

stalkin steve 05-12-2004 01:41 AM

I had just stalked half a dozen pigs and got to a concealled spot. I drew back and fired at one of the pigs. I was using two blade broadheads at the time and the damn thing plained and I thpght clean missed.[:@] Usually myself or my mate can see the flight path of the arrow but as soon as I fired it was like the arrow just vanished. All the pigs took off unharmed but when I went to were they were standing I found a freshly chppoed off pig tail on top off the grass sitting on the grass. It was only hair about 10 inches long with no flesh at all. That was one lucky pig I must add.:D.

Stalkin Steve

Red Hawk 05-12-2004 01:56 AM

I just got my bow literally 30 minutes before when this happened. I was sighting my pins at the shop i bought it at, in which the targets are set up on an huge wall of cottonbales. Keep in mind there are metal straps holding all the bale together but the guys at the shop didn't bother telling me. Once shot i did, i hit one of those straps and sparks flew everywhere and almost set fire to the bales. I dont think that would have been too good for business.[:'(] The second shot was when i was out rabbit hunting with my dad. One ran out in front of me and, as nagalfar put it, was going Warp 50 away from me. I never shot at a moving target before so i just guess the best i could and the arrow hit way low, bounced, went flopping end over end, and the nock ended up hitting the rabbit on the side. So i guess i can say i have hit an rabbit so far while bowhunting though even though it wasn't at the intended end lol :D