Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Funniest arrow shot that you have seen.. >

Funniest arrow shot that you have seen..

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Funniest arrow shot that you have seen..

Old 05-12-2004, 04:35 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Funniest arrow shot that you have seen..

Dang... some of you folks have had some good ones. My best was pulling off one of those "Larry Bird" shots.... "across the street.. through the garage door opening... over the target... through the sheetrocked back wall and into my wifes new clothes dryer".[:@][][&:]
Old 05-12-2004, 04:51 AM
Boone & Crockett

I had a feeling that this was going to be a "touchy" post. I have had my share of "what was I thinking" shots that I am not too proud of and must agree that considering the deadliness of the weapon being used it is not always that good of an idea to comment on them.

The only relatively "safe" one that I think is appropriate for me to discuss would be any of the several arrows that went through my wonderful archery target and into my steel basement door. I am in the process of patching them up as I type this.
Old 05-12-2004, 06:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

On a bedded deer 3D target once with a log laying about 10 feet infront of it, well I must have dropped my arm big time, cause the shaft hit the log in mid shaft, snapped it and tossed the fletch end about 15 feet in the air. When we got to the target, the point end was pin-wheeled in the 10 ring! An easy 10 points for me!

--Bob
Old 05-12-2004, 08:02 AM
Fork Horn

Well we were having alot of problems with people poaching back a few years ago. So I figured if the poachers wanted to shoot at a deer I would give them one to shoot at. My family's ranch is on a Texas scenic route that is a highway but not a very busy one. Mostly it is people from the city out for a sunday drive looking at wildlife and taking a country cruise. Anyway, I took and old saw horse we had out behind the barn, found an old piece of tan shag carpet and a huge racked shouldermount from the 50's that the ears had fallen off adn was in ragged shape. I took teh carpet a pillow and a staple gun and made the body then i nailed the head to the front. That thing looked real at about 300 yds.

Where all the poaching had taked place was a wheat field on the highway where i guess a peninsula of mesquite trees come out in the middle of the field. I placed the sawhorse at the corner of the brush, extremely visible from the road. I put it up on a Monday building it was my weekend project.

Well for the first week I make bets with my friends that we would see a nice buck in the wheat field no matter what time of day it was. I would go move it around every day so that it would at least not be in the same place. Honestly it worked for about the first hour then everyone caught on. Then the weekend came and I drove by sunday morning and didnt see the sawhorse so i went to where i had placed it and someone had shot the legs off of it. Not to mention numerous other holes in the mount and pretty much everywhere in the wood. So i took some scrap lumber and pieced him back together. That night I saw a vehicle on the side of the road with their headlights shining toward the sawhorse shooting at. It looked like some young men from the nearby air force base. Noticed this from all the airforce stickers on their truck. I pulled up to them and asked if they got him. They said that they had used up a whole box of shells and he still was standing there, and they were taking that buck with them. They even asked me if I had some more ammo that they could borrow. I said sure wait right here Im gonna go up to the house and get some yall just stay put. Well I got to the house and called the game warden and and he was in the area and came to my house really quick and the together we went to take the poachers some more shells. Those guys were so suprised when I brought them a game warden instead. I really cant believe how stupid those two were.
Old 05-12-2004, 08:52 AM
Typical Buck

Shooting a 3D tournament with my buddy, the target was a standing deer around 35Yds. I dont know what pin he use but there was a old dead branch hangin way above the shooting lane some how he shot most of the branch down and pulled enough speed off the arrow that it lobed into the air and stuck straight down into the back of the target. If he wouldn't of hit that branch who no's where his arrow would of ended up.[&:]
Old 05-12-2004, 10:26 AM
Typical Buck

Let's see....

-Myrtle Beach ASA this year
-33 yards, feeding doe with her head behind a tree
-Major Left right issues that day
-Slapped the side of the tree right into the 12 ring

It did break the back of my arrow though.