HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Are you a Member of a Pro Hunting Organization like the NRA? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/61156-you-member-pro-hunting-organization-like-nra.html)

portable ladder 05-11-2004 08:40 AM

Are you a Member of a Pro Hunting Organization like the NRA?

I would like to do my part and become a member of an organization that is promoting and fighting to keep hunter's rights alive. I have checked the QDMA, NRA and the International Bow Hunting Organization. I Would like to join one that issues a good hunting magazine to its members, most of them do. My Boss gives me his monthly issue of American Hunter from the NRA, so I would like to join a different one. Eventually, I will become a member of the NRA. Any suggestions on a good Hunting Organization?

BobCo19-65 05-11-2004 08:46 AM

RE: Are you a Member of a Pro Hunting Organization like the NRA?

Personally, I believe that anyone who hunts or shoots, should be part of the NRA, but not to just get the mag. Personally, I don't read much of American Hunter, but would never stop my membership because of it. You may want to consider one of the other magazines that they offer, I believe that they offer four different ones now.

portable ladder 05-11-2004 11:18 AM

Bobco,

I checked the NRA and I saw that they do have a yearly membership for $10.00 without the magazine, I'll probably sign up for that and also join another club. The NRA does fight for us and I want to support them, does anyone know of any other good ones?

Danny45 05-11-2004 11:21 AM

Just check the signature.

I believe the NRA has another magazine you can select if you don't want the Rifleman or Hunter.

NAHC has a very good magazine, along with other club benefits. Check them out at
www.huntingclub.com

shed33 05-11-2004 12:29 PM

NRA

rybohunter 05-11-2004 12:40 PM

NRA-life member

WV Hunter 05-11-2004 01:10 PM

Personally, I believe that anyone who hunts or shoots, should be part of the NRA, but not to just get the mag.
I agree. The NRA is probably the best thing we have going for our rights...whether you agree 100% with everything they stand for or not.

Michiganiac 05-11-2004 01:33 PM

Yup - NRA, and NAHC

Bill

idahoelkinstructor 05-11-2004 02:10 PM

NRA not this year, need to become life member. I am a member of RMEF!

Martin Cougar 05-11-2004 02:17 PM

NRA - don't get the magazines just the "cheapy" membership