Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Who is the best hunter here? >

Who is the best hunter here?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Who is the best hunter here?

Old 05-11-2004, 08:31 AM

Default RE: Who is the best hunter here?

If you judge on pictures and posts, definatly Arctic Bowman. He must not have a job though cause he is always hunting.
Old 05-11-2004, 08:34 AM

Don't get me wrong, I'd like to be just a little lucky and shoot one. Wouldn't mean I'm much more of a hunter. Just a little more experienced maybe.

Thats what makes a great hunter. Every great hunter starts somewhere.......

To be a great hunter IMO you must (1) spend more time hunting than the average guy (2) have the ability to read deer sign and movement better than the average guy.
Old 05-11-2004, 08:41 AM

I agree, too subjective. Size and numbers do not always and factually indicate that one person is the best hunter over another person.

I can put a person in an area where the deer come by like migrating Caribou. All you have to be is a good shot. I can put an expert shooter and hunter in another area that has good-sized deer; but the population is lower, the pass throughs are less, and the terrain is severe. He or she will have a rough row to hoe, but the hunting conditions will not be boring.
Old 05-11-2004, 10:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ok, many of you might not agree with me, but here it is anyway.
My respect and opinion of who is a great hunter, goes to any hunter who follows the ethics and morals of the sport because that is who he is. It's not based on who shot what. It's all about what makes you who you are. THAT is a great hunter to me.
Old 05-11-2004, 10:55 AM

Hard to say. There are many here that i would say are probally excellent hunters. But then many are fortunate enough to have access to prime lands with alot of mature deer. There are also others who hunt in easier situations such as semi open farmland. Anyone here who thinks he/she
is an excellent hunter needs to test their skills with a bow, hunting in Floridas Ti-Ti thickets and swamps after mature deer. After hunting in Florida most of my life, hunting other states always seemed alot easier.
Whos the best? Beats me.
Old 05-11-2004, 11:09 AM

I would have to say Fieldmouse is by far the best hunter here. Just ask him. His ethics and morals are second to none, as well.
Old 05-11-2004, 11:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

benhuntin - I'll put my Ozark mtn whiteails that roam 365 days a year on public land dodging poachers, coyotes, ice storms, no agriculture to ammount to anything and thousands of hunters every fall against your FL deer hunting any day !!

On a serious note ... I bet that hunting is tough though, throw in the bugs, snakes, pigs and alligators and the challenge of a P&Y whitetail all on public land and that would be a tough task for sure !

Oh ... sounds like a lot of fun too !
Old 05-11-2004, 11:25 AM

Well I'm certainly not the best. Now, can someone tell me where I put my bow??? I can't find it!!!

Old 05-11-2004, 12:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree with my wife Hikchick, and I will add that I think a great hunter helps his friends and family be successful as well. Hunting for me is just not about shooting the biggest animal. It's nice when I or my friends/family harvest a trophy animal, but spending quality time (hunting) with the people I love and care about is most inportant.
Old 05-11-2004, 01:56 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Swamp Dawg

I would have to say Fieldmouse is by far the best hunter here. Just ask him. His ethics and morals are second to none, as well.

Thanks swamp dog for that vote of confidence. I certainly try hard you know.

Quick Reply: Who is the best hunter here?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.