Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 New At Bow Hunting >

New At Bow Hunting

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

New At Bow Hunting

Old 05-08-2004, 08:37 PM

Default New At Bow Hunting

hi people i'm 15, i live in Idaho, and i'm going to start bow hunting. i have always wanted to do it, and so now i'm gonna start. what i want to know is bacally(sp) stuff about it. your prefences, stories, and just info about it so i can understand it.
Old 05-08-2004, 08:41 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: New At Bow Hunting

im his frend i showed him www.huntingnet.com
Old 05-08-2004, 08:44 PM

[&:]lol yep u did, why dont u tell me some stuff then matt?
Old 05-08-2004, 08:58 PM
Fork Horn

ok u gont shoot like me so jest focus on the spot u want to hit and ur brain will do the rest it takes practice but its funer
Old 05-08-2004, 09:12 PM

ok, how about u give me tips, stories, and just tell me about it
Old 05-08-2004, 09:42 PM

Bowhuntin is hard, takes lots of patience, hard work, and dedication. But its fun!!!! You'll need a bow, arrows, rest, sight, maybe a release(if you wish)target, and then if you wanna spend more theres plenty of other toys, but bare essentials will get you by. Go to a pro shop in your area, and have the people there give you some basic tips and set you up with a proper draw length and weight. The bow will have to fit you. Once you get it set up, start shootin regularly and get your muscles built up. If you start now, you'll be ready for this coming deer season. Hope this kinda helps.
Old 05-09-2004, 10:52 AM
Spike

[X(]One thing you want to do, right from the start, is to learn the RIGHT way of doing things, forn, equipment, etc. It's MUCH easier to learn something the corrct way the first time around. Then to try and correct long used mistakes. Believe me, I speak from experience ! Good luck, and WELCOME to the world of the bow !!
Old 05-09-2004, 12:07 PM

ORIGINAL: hunter9022

Bowhuntin is hard, takes lots of patience, hard work, and dedication. But its fun!!!! You'll need a bow, arrows, rest, sight, maybe a release(if you wish)target, and then if you wanna spend more theres plenty of other toys, but bare essentials will get you by. Go to a pro shop in your area, and have the people there give you some basic tips and set you up with a proper draw length and weight. The bow will have to fit you. Once you get it set up, start shootin regularly and get your muscles built up. If you start now, you'll be ready for this coming deer season. Hope this kinda helps.
yes thats helps alot, what kind of bows, arrows, sights, ect... are consiterd decent????
Old 05-09-2004, 02:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hi kid and welcome to this site, and to bowhunting. Have you taken a bowhunting education class? Idaho does require it. If you haven't taken the class, (I am guessing you haven't because you would know the answers to some of your questions) it takes 12-15 hours of class time, with a written test at the end. Some of the subjects taught in the class include. Ethics, responsabilities as a bowhunter. Bowhunting equipment, clothing and comouflage, scents, lures and calls. Proper shooting practice, when to shoot and where to aim to get that quick clean harvest. Locating a area to hunt, and pre scouting methods. Animal recovery, following a blood trail. Bowhunting methods for a variety of game. Emegency preparedness, first aid, and survival. My wife and I are bowhunting instructors. I live in Idaho Falls, we teach several classes in the "IF" area, and travel to Salmon Idaho (my hunting grounds) for a class in july. I don't know where you live, but classes are filing up fast all over Idaho. Last year my wife and I taught nine classes (35 students per class) in the "IF" area, and we had to turn people away who called in august. They didn't get to bowhunt because they couldn't take a class. If you live near us, let me know and I will sign you up for a class. If you don't live near me, let me know anyway and I can put you in touch with a instructor near you. The class is a great starting place for information about bowhunting, but it is also good to read bowhunting mags, sites, and talk to experienced bowhunters who are willing to share information about the sport. Thanks
Old 05-09-2004, 04:09 PM

ORIGINAL: idahoelkinstructor

Hi kid and welcome to this site, and to bowhunting. Have you taken a bowhunting education class? Idaho does require it. If you haven't taken the class, (I am guessing you haven't because you would know the answers to some of your questions) it takes 12-15 hours of class time, with a written test at the end. Some of the subjects taught in the class include. Ethics, responsabilities as a bowhunter. Bowhunting equipment, clothing and comouflage, scents, lures and calls. Proper shooting practice, when to shoot and where to aim to get that quick clean harvest. Locating a area to hunt, and pre scouting methods. Animal recovery, following a blood trail. Bowhunting methods for a variety of game. Emegency preparedness, first aid, and survival. My wife and I are bowhunting instructors. I live in Idaho Falls, we teach several classes in the "IF" area, and travel to Salmon Idaho (my hunting grounds) for a class in july. I don't know where you live, but classes are filing up fast all over Idaho. Last year my wife and I taught nine classes (35 students per class) in the "IF" area, and we had to turn people away who called in august. They didn't get to bowhunt because they couldn't take a class. If you live near us, let me know and I will sign you up for a class. If you don't live near me, let me know anyway and I can put you in touch with a instructor near you. The class is a great starting place for information about bowhunting, but it is also good to read bowhunting mags, sites, and talk to experienced bowhunters who are willing to share information about the sport. Thanks
thanks alot man ok i live in Sandpoint, its in northern idaho. that would be great if u can get me in touch with an instructor, just tell me what u need me to do and i will do it. thanks

Quick Reply: New At Bow Hunting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.