Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Rubber boots?

Old 05-07-2004, 06:35 AM

Default RE: Rubber boots?

I have a pair of 2000's and a pair of non-insulated for early season...buying two pairs solves the problem for a few extra bucks.

Just my two cents.
Old 05-07-2004, 12:43 PM
Dominant Buck

PA... I bought a pair of the Alphas last fall. They're really great. I also own a pair of the 800s but didn't wear them the first time last year. I wore the Alphas almost everyday. That pound lighter seems like a lot more than a pound. These things are great. They also have a great lining in them that seems to make your feet sweat less than other rubber boots. I think the neophrene helps there. They can be folded down to help in removal and putting them on(although I don't do that). Len does. I bought them big enough to put on a pair of liners and a good pair of smart wool socks. I really didn't get cold. I do put a set of those insoles with the pocket for the hand warmers in on real fridgid days which kept the chill off and I'm a guy that has a perpetual cold left foot(bad veins... well really they were stripped out 3 years ago). You won't be disappointed with the Alphas over any other rubber boot. Remember though, they are rubber and not like wearing a pair of real support or hiking boots. I'd buy another pair tomorrow.
Old 05-07-2004, 05:46 PM
Boone & Crockett

I use a 600 gram boot and wear it all year. I also have two pairs if gortex insulated and uninsulated sox that I wear with them. With rubber boots the moisture cannot excape therby makeing your feet wet and the inside of the boot wet. It's a bear trying to get rubber boots back on if there wet on the lineing. The gortex sox eliminate this and keep your feet dry and add warmth with the insulated pair
Old 05-08-2004, 12:49 AM
Spike

I just can't believe Lacrosse Boots has moved MFG to Mexico. Are you guys sure about this?? I have been buying their boots for 25 years. My reasoning was their product is expensive but made in the USA and quality.

I also can't believe the price of their new Alpha Burly Sport Rubber knee high boot is $90.00 dollars. Ouch! What are things coming to anyway...... Whats their execuse for moving to Mexico competition, unions, or just unbelievable greed.
Old 05-08-2004, 03:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

ALL of the hunting Lacrosses I looked at last year were "MADE IN CHINA".
I figured if I was gonna be cornered into buying made in china crap I might as well save some money and go with the bass-pro brand.
I like em plenty.

One word of caution- my older ankle fit all green Lacrosses lost their scent free quality after at least 5 years of use. I scrub them with watered down baking soda right before each season but it didn't seam to matter, they still smelled rubbery. I watched an 8 point come out of his skin when he crossed my entry path.
I went out and bought some Scent lock wolverines boots directly thereafter.