Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Women hunters..... >

Women hunters.....

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Women hunters.....

Old 05-05-2004, 11:24 AM

Default RE: Women hunters.....

I take my wife hunting when she want to go I don't ask but if she want to go I don't say no. I took here turkey hunt for the frist time this year and she kill a 20lbs with a 8" beard and 1" spur. it was my best hunt to date.
Old 05-05-2004, 11:48 AM

First of all....Welcome aboard!!

I don't think there's anyway to get my wife out in the woods to hunt. 1)I don't think she could pull the trigger and 2)there's no way in heck she could sit there for anymore than 15 min before wanting to leave or go and do something else. Not a ton of patience. It would be cool if she did like it. More time I could spend in the woods. She has gone a couple "walks" with me in the woods, but those were nice, calm, sunny and no bug days. LOL

I just had a son on April 15th and he will have AMPLE opporunity to get in the woods with me. I can't wait for him to be ready to go. If I were to have a girl, the same thing applies.
Old 05-05-2004, 11:50 AM

Welcome. I can't seem to get my wife involved with hunting. She likes to fish, but no hunting.
Old 05-05-2004, 01:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Stump,
Congrats on you new addition... I'm always glad to see that the love of the outdoors is being passed to another generation. It would be awesome if there was a girl to follow that would enjoy it as much as you do, too! Thanks to everyone that posted. It kind of surprises me that I haven't heard from a single female yet! Thought for sure that they would have plenty to say on the subject. LOL I also like hearing about the husbands who take their wives out. I hear quite often that they are better shots than their hubby's too!! LOL