Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Why do you shoot YOUR choice of bows ? >

Why do you shoot YOUR choice of bows ?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Why do you shoot YOUR choice of bows ?

Old 04-28-2004, 08:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Why do you shoot YOUR choice of bows ?

I shoot a Darton Typhoon because it feels great in my hands. I have shot just about every bow you can think of. I can not describe it? The Darton Typhoon just feels perfect to me. I have shot other bows that were quieter & had less hand shock. I just never shot them as well as I shoot this bow.
Old 04-28-2004, 10:25 AM
Fork Horn

My current bow is soon to be my "ex" bow (or backup bow). It is a Proline Point Blank "New Wave" that I bought in 1992, I believe. I bought it at that time because it was the latest and greatest thing to hit my local Pro shop. And it is still hard to beat for speed to this day.

I've been doing a lot of tire kicking lately with most of the new bows out there. That old Proline feels TERRIBLE after shooting any of today's bows!! I'm glad I never shot any other bows until now or that thing would have hit the road a long time ago!! I'm currently leaning heavily toward a new Martin Cougar Magnum with either Nitrous cams or their Dyna Cam single cam. This bow shoots very well, is quiet with no silencers of any kind on it, it's fast, I really like the rubber grip, it's light, and its 36.5" long. I don't care for the super-short bows and this will feel short after my 41.5" Proline! The other factor is price ... the Martin is about $150 less than most of the other bows I've looked at. And it really looks SWEET! And I've already got the hat to match. And ... I could go on and on!

... Shockwave
Old 04-28-2004, 10:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

I shoot a Darton Typhoon
Another Darton Shooter here. I shoot a tundra extreme. I liked the 7 1/2 inch brace height as well as the 40" A to A. The hybrid cam turns exceptionally well IMO. Only drawback is that is seems a little heavy to me.
Old 04-28-2004, 03:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

BOWFANATIC - This aint a thread to bash people, sorry buddy, I aint going there.
No bashing going on here! Nor did I assume you were looking to bash anyone! I assumed from the other thread that you were looking for reasons why most people shoot compounds over trad gear. I'm sure the most popular reason is the diffeculty it takes to become proficient and remain proficient with a trad bow.
Old 04-28-2004, 08:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Speed......it's all about the speed.

Seriously, it's what I was looking for in a bow, I can shoot it well, it feels good to me, and then there's the speed thing again.
Old 04-28-2004, 08:41 PM

i shoot a compound bow.........it is a 2001 model...browning tornado.....single cam........i got a real good deal on this bow.......210 bucks.....the bow was brand new......this bow shoots like a charm....fast quiet,smooth,no hand shock.....my shooting range is out to 30 yards this year........took my first bowkill with it this past fall......
Old 04-28-2004, 10:13 PM

I'm shooting a couple of Martin Cougar III's. Very different critters, however.
My hunting rig is a CIII SE single cam, 32" ATA. Very smooth and quiet.
My target rig is a CIII Elite Fury-X in Platinum, 42" ATA.
I started shooting Martin because the price was right and I liked the bows.
Now, I really like the bows and I have only had excellent experiences with customer service.
Old 05-01-2004, 09:46 AM

I shot a Mathews feather max for 3 years and last summer I went bow shopping with a buddy of mine that was getting into bow hunting. He was trying out a Hoyt razortec and they had a left handed one there so I thought I might as well give it a try. After shooting it I couldn't believe how good it felt, how smooth it was and just the feel of the bow. I ended up walking out of the shop with it. My buddy and I now have the exact same bows except for RH and LH. Plus they are cool!
Old 05-01-2004, 01:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

I started shooting Darton back in the 70s when I was a Archery shop/lanes operator. I liked the grip & the Mass weight was one of the lightest I had ever used. I have not changed (my personal bow) over the years thou I used to shoot them all. I have 2 older models (wheels)that are 40% (60 peak)& 50% (70 peak) let off & just purchased a single cam Darton that has 75% let off for the start of last years hunting season. I think it is great & took a Buffalo this past March & it peaks at 60#s. My son & Brother also shoot dartons when they go into the field but have shot many others over the years also. They do have an excellent product...
Old 05-01-2004, 06:56 PM

Why do I shot the bow that I shoot? First the bow I shoot is quite accurate, quite, fairly fast, 280 fps. I seem to carry the bow a lot, and I mean miles and miles, the bows carries well. What I mean carries well is, over the shoulder in a bow carrier( spare arm jr. ) in my left hand by the riser, my right hand by the string, just about any way you can carry a bow it is comfortable. The bow manufacture has been good to me with the 1 time I had a warrenty issue. The bow I shoot for hunting is not new, made in 1997. I have bought newer bows but keep going back to this one. That is the reason I shoot what I shoot.

Quick Reply: Why do you shoot YOUR choice of bows ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.