Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 drop aways on bowtechs >

drop aways on bowtechs

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

drop aways on bowtechs

Old 04-26-2004, 11:20 PM

Default RE: drop aways on bowtechs

The problems lie in the fact that the Pat s/c risers are thicker and their is contact and the hook does not completly drop.

(KNIGHTS OF THE ROUND TABLE)
Old 04-26-2004, 11:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

Atlas ! can you describe the problem's you had ,I did have to make a couple small changes ,but I contacted Ausie /Guy and he helped me out with it, and it's worked fine ever since.

nubo
Old 04-27-2004, 05:37 AM
Typical Buck

I've got a Drop Zone on my 2004 Patriot Single Cam and as my first foray into drop aways, I've been given no reason to consider anything else.

I had what I thought could have been some early noise issues when I actuated the launcher arm manually, but it turned out to be inaudible during an actual shot. I've had mine completely apart and have set and reset it many times and it's solid. Arrow flight is a thing of beauty as well. It's pricey and it takes a hit there, but I figure when you add up all the positives, it was worth the price.

PS: Plenty of left/right adjustment available after getting it set to shoot bullets with 7595 and 400 spined Gold Tips. From what I understand, the Duelly's riser is thicker(?), but it still seems to have plenty of room on the horizontal axis.
Old 04-27-2004, 06:52 AM
Boone & Crockett

I have had the GKF Mirage, TT Shakey Hunter and now a GKF Golden Premier Dropaway on my Liberty with relatively favorable results in all cases. I have issues with the individual rests but not in terms of their "relationship" with the bow.
Old 04-27-2004, 07:06 AM

I have the Drop Zone on my Mighty Mite. The proshop told me the Bowtech told him directly we wouldn't get enough clearance with it. He was surprised. It wored great and I like it.
Old 04-27-2004, 09:28 AM

The twister is working good on my bow
Old 04-27-2004, 02:26 PM
Fork Horn

I have a Trophy Taker on my '04 Patriot Dually. It is one of the extended windage bar versions. The standard version did not have enough windage adjustment for the Dually. It works great. I have the standard launcher as I have read that some had clearance issues with the Shakey Hunter model. Great rest, simple, durable, easy to set up.

MN_BOWHUNTER
Old 04-27-2004, 02:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

I used a TR Drop Zone on my Extreme VFT last year and it worked great.
Old 04-27-2004, 02:42 PM

The Muzzy ZE works great on my Bowtech Liberty.
Old 04-27-2004, 02:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

What you might have to do with the MZE on the 04's is take off the overdraw plate and it will work just fine.

Here is a pic of the MZE on my 04 Black Knight.

Another rest that works great on the 04's is the BoDoodle Game Dropper I put on on the Black Knight I got last week for 3d and I tell you what it looks like if it is molded on.

I will post some pics later on when I have a bit more time.

Quick Reply: drop aways on bowtechs

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.