Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 BOW SHOOTING Practise, how many do you shoot >

BOW SHOOTING Practise, how many do you shoot

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

BOW SHOOTING Practise, how many do you shoot

Old 04-26-2004, 11:18 AM

Default BOW SHOOTING Practise, how many do you shoot

Reading the post on practise, I'm curious, if one shoots everyday, how many arrows should you shoot each day and from various positions and distances? Thanks.
Old 04-26-2004, 11:29 AM

Default RE: BOW SHOOTING Practise, how many do you shoot

Ideally I like to shoot twice a day. Morning and evening preferably in low light conditions. I shoot between 15 and 25 arrows each session if time allows. I usually shoot 3 or 4 days a week.
Old 04-26-2004, 11:39 AM

I agree with Adam. Even once a day 15-25 arrows is about right.
I do like to walk out with one arrow at a "chance" distance and take a shot. Do or die. It certainly shows the maximum effective range that I am 100% effective at with one shot.
Old 04-26-2004, 11:50 AM

This time of year I like shooting 100 to 150 arrows a session.

Before the season I tame it down a bit - and wil often only shoot 1 or two arrows a day during the week - then hit it hard on weekends.
Old 04-26-2004, 11:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

Anything less than 100 arrows a day, every day is unethical. Don't know how you slobs can sit with your selves in your treestands come hunting season.
Old 04-26-2004, 11:53 AM
Boone & Crockett

Something else to consider is that it is not necessarily how often or how many arrows you shoot but the effort put into each shot. Some guys can get away with shooting once a week to maintain their accuracy and proficiency. Personally, I shoot 2 to 3 times a week during the off season and roughly 40-50 arrows each session with no more than 3 arrows shot in a group.
Old 04-26-2004, 12:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree, I generally shoot 4-5 times a week. I shoot 5 shots from every 5 yard distance between 10 and 45 yards.
Old 04-26-2004, 12:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

Something else to consider is that it is not necessarily how often or how many arrows you shoot but the effort put into each shot
Very good point.
Old 04-26-2004, 01:06 PM
Fork Horn

I SHOOT TIL I APPROVE MYSELF
Old 04-26-2004, 01:26 PM

Numbers aren't really that important. Practice until you get tired. Once your tired all your doing is shooting bad, and picking up bad habits. I wait about 20 seconds between shots, it gives me a chance to think about what I'm doing and allow the muscles to relax. I shoot only unknow distances once I set my pins.

For IBO I have 20 targets set up throughout my woods. I shot an arrow into each, at unknown distances, then i shot off of that arrow, at a different angle and distance. This gives me basically a full course. Nothing like the real deal.

For HUNTING I shoot once a week from the roof of my house, so I know how to bend my lower body right to shot out of a stand. Then one month before season i go to all of my stands, and shoot from them to make sure there will be no noise and that I'm use to any tricks i have to do with my feet.

Funny how people that don't practice still try to post on practice

Quick Reply: BOW SHOOTING Practise, how many do you shoot

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.