Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 first bowkill  how far did you have to track your kill >

first bowkill how far did you have to track your kill

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

first bowkill how far did you have to track your kill

Old 04-27-2004, 09:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: first bowkill how far did you have to track your kill

Cow elk, I watched her die, 40 yards
Old 04-27-2004, 11:33 AM

My first was a small whitetail buck, I hit in the back leg one night, my father and I tracked it a few hundred yards in the morning, and jumped it. It was weak and had stiffened up, so he ran it down, grabbed a back leg and slid the Buck knife into it's ribs. He let it go and it made a few jumps and died. I was ready to quit right then and there if they were all going to be that hard.
Old 04-27-2004, 11:36 AM

Button buck at 20 yards, finally, after years of trying, last fall. I will admit, I put a bit of a bad shot on 'im, forgot to take into account the downward angle, hit high, above the lungs, just under the spine, taking out the artery down the back. He went about 20 feet, and piled up.
Old 04-27-2004, 11:56 AM

Double lung shot. She ran about 20 yards and then I lost her. I ended up waiting about an hour till dark and started walking out to get my buddy to help me find her. There she was about 50 yards right on my trail that I walk out on. Man was I pumped up!!
Old 04-29-2004, 09:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

my first bow kill was a buul elk (spike) he was thirty yards away i double lung and cliped the top of the heart he went about 20 yards then tiped over. on the other hand my worst bow kill bull elk (4point) hit one lung way far back went a mile and a half before dieing. if it wasn't for the burn area that he was in and a fresh dusting of snow we would have never found him.
Old 04-29-2004, 10:04 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 04-30-2004, 01:06 AM

My first animal with my bow was a bull elk. He was slightly quratering away at 30 yds and I double lunged him and cut the aorta off about 1/4 inch above the heart. He went 3 steps and fell over.
Old 04-30-2004, 04:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was in a hurry and thinking about elk hunting again!!! (can't wait for elk season to come around) when I said the spike elk was my first bow kill. That statement is wrong I did kill a 2 point buck before I shot that elk. Went about 80 yards, double lung shot.
Old 04-30-2004, 08:07 AM

My first went about 40 yards. Shot with a Walmart PSE bow, shooting fingers and no sights. He was a little basket racked 6 point. It was a stupid shot and I was lucky enough for it not to matter. He was facing me, 20 yards away and I hit him in the throat.
Old 04-30-2004, 10:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

My first bowkill was a 25 yard shot. The arrow--which I had chronographed at 173fps with fieldpoints--passed through both lungs and took off the top of the heart before landing on the ground on the far side of the deer. The big doe went about 60 yards and collapsed in mid-stride.

Quick Reply: first bowkill how far did you have to track your kill

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.