Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How many seasons? >

How many seasons?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How many seasons?

Old 04-26-2004, 09:01 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: How many seasons?

In my second season!
Old 04-26-2004, 09:54 AM

As I enter my 33rd season I can look back and admit it took 4 years to score my first deer, an 8 pt taken with a Browning recurve. I recall a beautiful 10 pt standing 20 yards away during my second year, but at 14 years of age I could not hold the 50# draw wt, spooked him and away he went. Don't be too frustrated. It all balances out. I have taken over 70 deer with the bow after the first 4 years of trying to figure it out.
Old 04-26-2004, 10:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

I can't remember for sure. I think it was about 3 years..maybe 4. I was not serious at all when I started out, and was self taught(I don't recommend that one[:'(]). I basically fumbled my way through for about the first 6 years...then I started whacking em on a regular basis. Anyone starting today has some great tools available to them. Learn all you can, and especially from other peoples mistakes
Old 04-26-2004, 11:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

I killed my first deer with a bow in my 3rd season. First one with a gun in my second season.
Old 04-26-2004, 11:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

1st season, Cow elk, took me 3 on a mature whitetail.
Old 04-26-2004, 12:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

October will be my 24th season.

I killed my first deer - a really nice buck, 6 seasons in. You have to understand though - I was more into archery than I was hunting the first part of my hunting career. I would shoot hundreds of arrows every week all year round, including being in the woods. During season, I would wander around looking for deer to come up to me so I could shoot them, get bored from not seeing anything, then start stump shooting the rest of the hunt. I didn't get serious about it until the year I killed my first deer.
Old 04-26-2004, 06:46 PM

Last year was my first bow season and my first deer season. I was fortunate enough to be in a place where there was plenty of deer activity. Unfortunately my freezer and tag was empty at the end of the season. A two year old basket rack ran right up under my stand at last light during the Thanksgiving weekend. My heart was beating so hard I thought the deer was going to hear me. Once he was close enough I realized how small he was and thought that in another 3 years he will be one hell of a deer. So, I passed on him. Now I am hooked for life; buck fever, it will get you every time.
Old 04-28-2004, 03:51 PM

i'm going into my 3rd year, but 2nd really getting into it, and i got my first two last year
good luck this year

-Hoyt
Old 04-28-2004, 03:54 PM

Luckily I shot one my very first day out on stand bow hunting. I wasn't in stand for more than an hour and a half and I had a doe down. Right spot at the right time I guess. Hang in there. You'll get one also.
Old 04-28-2004, 06:16 PM

3rd year for me as well. Been bow hunting 10 years total.

Quick Reply: How many seasons?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.