Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What would happen if...... >

What would happen if......

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What would happen if......

Old 04-22-2004, 03:58 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: What would happen if......

There is only one way to find out.
Old 04-22-2004, 04:05 PM

This is also neglecting thermals, wind, air resistance, and the occasional bird which could pass in front of the arrow.
It is funny you mention a bird !! [8D]
Old 04-22-2004, 05:24 PM
Boone & Crockett

I barely passed geometry
What's geometry . That wasn't offered when I went to school .
Old 04-22-2004, 06:23 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: texasaggiebowhunter

There is only one way to find out.

I agree go a head and report back. From my engineering education, the equations are always based on constantent steady state. We know life is not perfect or constant. So shoot 6 - 12 and lets take the average.
Old 04-22-2004, 08:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well my scientific calculator is in my tool box but I do have my Machinery hand book and if I am looking at the charts right and my math is correct,you are looking at a slant range of 51.8 yards assuming 10' floors.This would require you to shoot with a sight setting of 34.4 yards to hit your intended target at a 45 deg angle from where you are if your peep height and sight length are the same as mine.This means you will hit exactly as far from the building as you are high in the air.

If the arrow is exactly at a 45 deg angle (starting out) and considering your arrow will drop 2.8 ft at 36.6 yards(11 stories)You should hit 33.8 yards from the building minus the affect of gravity which will be very minimal.So the answer is just over 33.8 yards.

This is as close as I can get with your info provided.

I don't know if it is right but it was fun trying to figure it out.I do suspect it is close.
Old 04-22-2004, 09:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

The single most important item all you math freaks forgot to factor in: Does he shoot all year? Seems that some may think this'll make a difference.[8D]
Old 04-22-2004, 09:23 PM

Say they are 10 ft floors. The answer has to be less then 110. The angle from the groud to you has to be 45 also, assuming the building is square. So the height of the building and length away from the build have to be the same (No effect of gravity). I would have to venture to quess about 100 ft. Aren't there any calculus buffs on here? I know i learn the effect of gravity in college.
Old 04-22-2004, 09:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

ewolf,my guess was 101.4 feet.Or 33.8 yards(slightly over)

ok it was more than a quess,I used Archers Advantage to help me.
Old 04-22-2004, 11:35 PM

Calcs right on . . . but of what value or importance. As long as I can hit a bullseye [or an elk] at forty yards more or less that's what counts to me.
Old 04-22-2004, 11:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

Funny thing is no body asked him if he was Bending at the waist if he wasn't then thow all those distances out and try again

Quick Reply: What would happen if......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.