Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Wounded animals

Old 04-22-2004, 01:14 PM

Default RE: Wounded animals

Rybo Lung and heart shots out of 24?
Old 04-22-2004, 01:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Old 04-22-2004, 03:08 PM

1 wounded[]
Old 04-22-2004, 03:20 PM
Typical Buck

Hunting 17 years 3 wounded but pretty sure all survived, 2 with very little experience and a bow that didnt fit me at all. The other was this last fall, shot quartering away with and expandible. The arrow glanced and went in between the front leg and chest cavity. The buck was seen over a week later with a pretty good limp.
Old 04-22-2004, 06:29 PM
Dominant Buck

Yes, I have wounded a few in my 20 yrs. I'm pretty sure that if I could remember the count, I could count them on one hand. I can say some survived and the ones that didn't never went to waste. The racoons, foxes and buzzards are thanking me everyday for eating good.
Old 04-22-2004, 07:53 PM

I’m 41 and I started hunting when I was 12. On my second day hunting, that evening I shot my first deer. It was a doe running at forty yards, running away from my stand. I shot her in the rear and missed her butt ho by about ¼ of an inch. The arrow went all the way through to her chest taking out her lungs and heart. She ran 20 yards.
I have killed at least 87 deer maybe more. I have only wounded two. The first one I was about 14 years old and I shot a buck through some brush, it was getting late and I mistaken it’s rump for it’s shoulder. But I hit the main artery running down the back leg and it ran about 60 yards. The second one was a doe and I lost her, that was about 6 years ago.

Old 04-22-2004, 08:05 PM

ORIGINAL: BIG WHITE HUNTER

I’m 41 and I stated hunting when I was 12. On my second day hunting, that evening I shot my first deer. It was a doe running at forty yards, running away from my stand. I shot her in the rear and missed her butt ho by about ¼ of an inch. The arrow went all the way through to her chest taking out her lungs and heart. She ran 20 yards.
The good ole Texas heart shot.
Old 04-22-2004, 08:10 PM

I've taken 9 shots and wouded two in 8 seasons. One was a shoulder shot on a small buck and the other was a mystery hit on a doe, it looked good but could never find her.
Old 04-22-2004, 11:52 PM

Never counted but I'd guess around 80 to 100 but only had two wounded animal get away. Actually she didn't get away the woumd was an artery hit and she didn't last long but we were in a clearcut area of Washington State's Central Cascades and though we searched for hours we were never able to find her. The second jumped my string and I hit her in the left rear leg and she ran off with my arrow in her hip. We tracked her for more than a mile or more and lost her in in thick reeds of a river break and never recovered the arrow. This one was my greatest disappointment and we always figured she survived.

If not pressed, any deer or elk so wounded will most of the time pull the arrow out themselves and will generally survive.
Old 04-23-2004, 04:47 AM

I don't know exactly how many I've shot, but it's lots. They were all wounded before they died. Time of death has varied between 5 seconds and 5 hours. All of them eventually expired from natural causes.

Quick Reply: Wounded animals

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.