Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Wounded animals

Old 04-22-2004, 12:28 PM

Default Wounded animals

How many animals have you shot with a bow? How many have you wounded? Wounded= Anything that was not a lung or heart shot and anything that need a second arrow (Use your judgement you know when you wounded one) BE HONEST.

I have killed about 100 animals, and wounded two. The first animal i shot, i wounded in the shoulder, found it the next day. The second animal i wounded was a doe at 30 yards, I Had hit my sight hard on the ground on my way to my stand and my sight shifted low. Luckily i hit in no man's land and the doe survived.

DON'T MAKE THIS A SLANDER FEST.
Old 04-22-2004, 12:31 PM

Default RE: Wounded animals

Wounded= Anything that could not be found within 1 hour once tracking started, and further then 100 yards from the shot
Well then I have about 4 wounded bucks on my wall.....................LOL
Old 04-22-2004, 12:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

In my 19 years of life (bowhunting since I was 12), I have taken 15 and wounded 0. I've missed once, and I've had a few that took 5 hours in the day, and waited overnight on others to find. But these were good shots, they just chose to make their death run in the thickest clearcut east of the mississippi.
Old 04-22-2004, 12:34 PM

ORIGINAL: ewolf

(Use your judgement you know when you wounded one)

Old 04-22-2004, 12:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

Killed about 25 wounded 2 but one survived and the otherfound later.
Old 04-22-2004, 12:38 PM

More than I care to mention[:@] In my early years of bowhunting I lacked the respect, knowledge and experience to know my limits [:@]
Old 04-22-2004, 12:39 PM

Wounded= Anything that could not be found within 1 hour once tracking started
I shot plenty of deer that Ive waited to track. And if you count liver shots as wounding then I guess Ive wounded a couple. Wounding to me is hitting one you cant find. If we go by that then I have not wounded anyand my dad has wouded one.
Old 04-22-2004, 12:41 PM

O.K then

4 out of close to 30 or so

3 of them where over 10 yrs ago when my judgment was not so good

But I thinks this will be shut down on us
Old 04-22-2004, 12:48 PM
Fork Horn

I have killed about 40 animals with a bow. I have wounded one, the first deer I ever shot at. I was nervous and pulled the shot. Found it the next day but only after the buzzards did first.
Old 04-22-2004, 01:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

My judgement on determining a wounded deer is to disregard the one you've proposed.

24 deer shot with an arrrow, 24 deer found dead, although the 1st one I shot was found by smell the next day, and I was let down by an experienced hunter in my attempts to find it in time.

Quick Reply: Wounded animals

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.