Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Favorite Placenames? >

Favorite Placenames?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Favorite Placenames?

Old 04-23-2004, 07:02 AM
New Sheriff

Default RE: Favorite Placenames?

These are names that only the people I hunt with will recognize.....

Panther Hollow
Wild Bill Hollow
L-Shaped Tree
Big Drainage
Little Drainage
The Shack
McDaniel Spring
Lick Branch
Old 04-23-2004, 08:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

1. my favorite is the "Killing Tree" (a tree that was stumbled into by accident)the deer come by for no particular rhyme or reason but they consistently come by this tree
2. the "bermuda triangle" a group of three trees roughly a hundred yards apart that make a triangle (once deer enter the triangle they never leave)
3. the "barren straights" an old fence row (30 yards wide) that runs between two agricultural fields (the deer use it religously as a travel corridor rather than walking the fields)
5. "west point" the farthest point to the west that you can drive on a particular refuge (you walk due west from there and there is an area where two large sloughs almost come together making an excellent funnel
6. "automatic" it's a place in the bottoms a couple of hundred yards from a river with absolutely no distinguishing charcteristics that I can decipher. If you hunt the "automatic" seeing deer is automatic and killing one is a good possibility (it didn't get that name for no reason)
Old 04-23-2004, 09:38 AM
Fork Horn

The Honey Hole
The Hunting Hilton
The Bottom
Coffee Hollow
Mulberry Creek
Mulberrry Canyon
Red Oak Hollow
Wild Cat Canyon
and
The 1,000 Acre Pasture
Old 04-23-2004, 10:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Of course there is the "honey hole" (doesn't everybody have a spot named that). we have a couple of different "honey holes". The most noteable one is a big honey suckle patch that I found late in the seaon a couple of years ago. The deer normally don't get there until late in the year when all the other grren stuff is gone, but when they do it's game on! The first time I found it, there was about 100 piles of crap in a 30 yard circle with about half of them being big clumps that I assiciate with buck crap. Nedless to say, after a couple of weeks of hunting the patch was affectionately referred to as the "honey hole". they other is a turkey hotspot on a refuge north of my home that has consistently provided red hot turkey action going on 15 years.
Old 04-23-2004, 12:27 PM
Fork Horn

Our honey hole is year round. You will always see deer in there. We dont really hunt it nor let anyone go in there. Thats why its the Honey Hole
Old 04-23-2004, 12:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Intercourse, PA

we have a locale in the Adirondacks called the Heart and the Whore
Old 04-23-2004, 01:57 PM

Blood Road, Kennedys, Boat N Dulls, Greens, Fraziers, Sand Rock, Molnars, Tissues, Those are some names of areas I hunt, but what we named them.
Old 04-23-2004, 05:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

We call my brother inlaws farm in Bucks co Pa The MAC Machine. Just hunt there and make a withdraw. DEER WITHDRAW
Old 04-24-2004, 10:39 AM
Typical Buck

Over in Idaho, they've named a couple of towns Bliss and Paradise, and they're two of the sorriest hellholes you'll see this side of New Jersey.
Old 04-24-2004, 11:03 AM
Typical Buck

"Febies Crotch" (a deep dark pine ravine) It's been called that for many many years I was told.

"The Terd Bowl" A bedding aria shapped like a bowl. Walk in there and all your doing is stirring the terd bowl.

Quick Reply: Favorite Placenames?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.