Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Proposed New Hunting Law >

Proposed New Hunting Law

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Proposed New Hunting Law

Old 04-20-2004, 01:30 PM
Typical Buck

Default Proposed New Hunting Law

Okay, since my last proposal met with such approbation (one buck per hunter per season), I thought I'd try again. I saw a photo of that Beatty buck, the 304 nontypical in the back of the truck, and I just snapped. I propose the following national law:

Any hunter posing for a photograph with a monster buck shall be wearing a monster grin at all times. Failure to comply with said regulation shall result in confiscation of said monster buck.

Got it? Smile, #%%^# you! Don't give me that "act like you been there before" garbage, either, 'cause face it, if you're posing a new world record, you never been there before.
(Unless, of course, you're the almighty Chuck Adams... ahem ... let's not go there again either.)

Seriously, or a reasonable facsimile thereof, if you don't crack a grin when you kill a monster buck, when exactly in life do you intend to smile? Personally, if I kill a buck that's anywhere near the books, I'm grinning like an autistic eight-year-old at a Shriners' Circus.
Are you with me, or is it over-obvious that I just came off the Celebrex yesterday for my sciatic nerve?
Old 04-20-2004, 01:40 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Proposed New Hunting Law

I'm with you like you wouldn't believe. Ever since I saw the pic of the Beaty Giant I thought that. Why isn't this guy smiling. Although...if you've seen the book Legenday Whitetails...2nd edition, he's smiling ear to ear. Anyway....thats what always threw me off with Bill Jordan. Never smiles. Just talks nice and calm...."thats a dandy of a buck". F_ _ _ Y_ _ Bill. I'd give my right testicle to shoot most of the bucks these guy shoot. not only do they shoot them, but many per year. I agree...a smile would go a long way.

Jay
Old 04-20-2004, 02:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

I would also propose an amendment to your proposal.

Anybody taking picture of said deer in the back of a vehicle looses possesion of said deer and said vehicle!!!

For goodness sakes, leave the deer lay and go get a freaking camera!! if you think somebody is going to take him, get the deer load him up, go get your dang camera and find a nice place to take the picture.....OUT OF THE TRUCK!!
Old 04-20-2004, 02:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

hey ilbowman, lots of truck and trailer shots on your site . lololol
Old 04-20-2004, 02:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

shhhhhhh, don't tell everyone!!

But for the record, none of them are my deer!!
Old 04-20-2004, 02:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

always an alibi available
Old 04-20-2004, 03:22 PM
Typical Buck

Another amendment, push that darn tongue in!
Old 04-20-2004, 03:57 PM
Fork Horn

I'm with you guys. What is with the "Civil War - no smile " shot? I equate the elation of my first buck/deer ( a year 1/2 year old 8 pointer) to getting a Monsta' buck. I couldn't stop smiling for a week after that. I have also noticed that Bill Jordan doesn't smile. HE HAS THE ULTIMATE DREAM JOB. MAKE SOME NEW CAMO, SHOOT DEER AND TURKEY VIDEOS , HANG WITH NASCAR , SPORTS AND ENTERTAINMENT CELEBS AND MAKE MILLIONS $$$$$$$. I know it isn't easy but .......just smile !!!! I guess Micheal Widell and David B. are delegated to smile for MR. Ben Gordon.

Great post Dirt2

-Mathewsconquest2
Old 04-21-2004, 06:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

I saw a photo of that Beatty buck, the 304 nontypical in the back of the truck, and I just snapped. I propose the following national law:

Any hunter posing for a photograph with a monster buck shall be wearing a monster grin at all times. Failure to comply with said regulation shall result in confiscation of said monster buck.

Got it? Smile, #%%^# you! Don't give me that "act like you been there before" garbage, either, 'cause face it, if you're posing a new world record, you never been there before.
He took that buck with a Mathews bow set at a P&Y non-compliant letoff, so the absence of a smile is completely understandable. NOBODY can shoot a Mathews and smile about it.

[8D]
Old 04-21-2004, 06:21 AM
Boone & Crockett

He took that buck with a Mathews bow set at a P&Y non-compliant letoff, so the absence of a smile is completely understandable. NOBODY can shoot a Mathews and smile about it.
I was laughing through this whole thread but Arthur's statement takes the cake!

Quick Reply: Proposed New Hunting Law

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.