Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Restoring faded camo...isn't there a detergent of some kind out there? >

Restoring faded camo...isn't there a detergent of some kind out there?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Restoring faded camo...isn't there a detergent of some kind out there?

Old 04-20-2004, 08:31 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Restoring faded camo...isn't there a detergent of some kind out there?

Any re-dyeing would simply apply one color shade to the entire garment. Probably in a shade of flat green and gray or charcoal gray.
Which is exactly what camo-restore does. Do not waste your money on it. Go to a fabric store and just buy 'fabric dye" at a heck of alot cheaper price and get the same result.

What's wrong with rejuvenating faded camo the old fashioned way... with magic markers.
And here I thought that I was the only one that did such things. I spent a week or better coloring in an old Realtree All-Purpose Brown outfit a few years ago. Still looks great today though I don't wear it much.
Old 04-20-2004, 01:48 PM

Default RE: Restoring faded camo...isn't there a detergent of some kind out there?

And here I thought that I was the only one that did such things. I spent a week or better coloring in an old Realtree All-Purpose Brown outfit a few years ago. Still looks great today though I don't wear it much.
[/quote]

Mister I have 3 or 4 bows a year and spends a week markering his camo.LMAO
Old 04-20-2004, 09:39 PM
Spike

I was given a sample of that camo "magic" restorer and found out about the same as the other posts. The thing that I didn't like (and wrote in my report, which was ignored) was that they insisted on having the water as hot as possible, while if you look at the labels they normally only want warm water at the most. It might be that you are washing your stuff in too hot water, which can shorten the life.
Old 04-20-2004, 10:58 PM
Fork Horn

I manage a commercial laundry and process close to 3million lbs of laundry a year and I can tell you once its fades nothing is going to bring it back. As others have said any product will only darken it some. Denim fades the fastest but all colors fade. For best results wash in cold water, turn the fabric inside out. The uv brighteners in regular deturgent is what makes most garments appear to hold their color, most detergent made for camo has no uv brighteners. Under no cicumstance should you use bleach, even color safe bleach will fade it over time despite what the manufacturers tell you.
Old 04-21-2004, 05:42 AM
Dominant Buck

It CAN BE RESTORED!!! All you have to do is break out that plastic material called VISA or MasterCard.[8D]
Old 04-21-2004, 06:15 AM
Boone & Crockett

Mister I have 3 or 4 bows a year and spends a week markering his camo.LMAO
This was before I turned into a bow connoisseur.
Old 04-21-2004, 06:19 AM
Dominant Buck

This was before I turned into a bow connoisseur.
I thought that was "Bow Junky".

Have you had your FIX lately?