Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 ? about Impact archery sight.  pic included >

? about Impact archery sight. pic included

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

? about Impact archery sight. pic included

Old 04-15-2004, 11:32 AM

Default ? about Impact archery sight. pic included

If you own one how do you like it and how does it work at low light conditions?

Old 04-15-2004, 11:36 AM

Default RE: ? about Impact archery sight. pic included

I've got this sight and the low light performance is awesome.

BUT, notice the 2 thumb screws on the outside of the sight, BOTH of these must be turned to loosen and tighten the sight, which allows you to move the sight up or down, etc. That is a pain is the arse to me and also takes time, especially in a hunting situation.

Overall:
Great sight, small design flaw IMO
Old 04-15-2004, 11:36 AM

I love mine ! Extremely bright .........in low light ....if you didn't know better ......you'd think it had batteries !

The 2 lock down nuts are good and bad ! Bad if you need to make a real quick adjustment............good ,in that if one comes loose , the other will hold it !
Old 04-15-2004, 11:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

It's awesome in the low light times of the day--i can see the pin when it's too late to legally shoot.My COSMIC has the non-adjustable bracket which works just fine for me.
Old 04-15-2004, 12:00 PM

If both lock-downs will hold the sight on their own, then why not use just one? How about tightening one just enough to keep it stationary, but loose enough to move it with your thumb/finger as an animal approaches? I have an HHA on my Mathews MQ1. It only has a single lock-down, but I never tighten it completely. I use it as I described and it works flawlessly.

Just my 2 coins.
Old 04-15-2004, 12:04 PM

I put this sight on my outback and love it. Double creek, my bow shoots about 261 fps and if I put the sight on 25yards I can shoot out to 35 yards and be in the kill zone, so I dont see this as a draw back. They did come out with a new sight this year that only has one thumb screw so if you like that might work better for you. My old hha had to have a light in it to even come close to the brightness of this one.
Old 04-15-2004, 12:09 PM

They make a lot of noise on the shot with one loose ! Fine for shooting.....but noisy ! I'm sure you can take one completely off......but out 2 years of hunting with it ......I have only had to make a real quick adjustment once ! Not worth changing it to me !
Old 04-15-2004, 12:15 PM

I know that they make a small aperature and a larger aperature which one do you prefer?
Old 04-15-2004, 12:16 PM

Same as the rest, others, I have had it on my Legacy for 3 years and it rocks. Everybody I show it to buys one. Also I set it at 25 yards and can shoot 15 to 32 yards with the same pin. Can't ask for aany better than that.
Old 04-15-2004, 12:22 PM

I like the small one........the Jumbo is just that " JUMBO" !!!!! Way too big for me ! But I have seen a lot of guys shoot them without a peep.......they like them a lot !!

Quick Reply: ? about Impact archery sight. pic included

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.