Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What to do.....

Old 04-12-2004, 04:45 PM

Default What to do.....

I got my field pictures back of my buck that i shot this year and i am afraid that the butcher damaged my rack on purpose because it seemed like i made him mad when i was dropping my deer off. Now looking at the field pics, it looks like he may have filed down some of the bucks points. i went to the taxidermist this past week and it looks like he may have. my question is what do you think i could do about this? could i press charges on the butcher for destruction of property? i have 2 other witnesses that dropped it off with me and numerous pics showing each point and its length. what would u do? thanks
Old 04-12-2004, 04:47 PM

Default RE: What to do.....

Thats terrible man, your butcher sounds like a real mature guy. If you can prove it with the pics, you should confront him. I dunno if the cops could really do anything, but maybe you could at least get him to apologize.
Old 04-12-2004, 04:52 PM

How did you make him mad?
Old 04-12-2004, 05:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm sorry I thought you said taxidermist! since I haven't seen your mount I'm not sure it would be worth taking this to court.I'd speak with your Taxidermist to see if it came to him that way.Then I might consider talking to the butcher about it have your friend's availible so that they can verify your finding's, but word by mouth travel's fast and could possibly do considerable damage to his reputation. Sorry about your rack but I'd definetly find a way to get this resolved If he work's for a shop you might consider speaking to his employer . But if he's the boss then your limited to what you can do.

nubo
Old 04-12-2004, 05:09 PM

its was the butcher and he lived in a trailer in the middle of no-where. i had a bad feeling about it when i got there. here on out i am doing all my own deer. its just pisses me off real bad!!![:@][:@][:@]
Old 04-12-2004, 05:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

Legacy ,I guess you should have followed your gut instinct the first time ,I'm guessing you were trying to save money. I can't think of anything you can do about this ,other than to just spread the word about him and hope it catch's up with him .He's obviously a real loser and I think you've learned a lesson by this . Sorry to hear your bad experience and I hope you can get thing's straightened out.

nubo
Old 04-12-2004, 06:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

Legacy,
It seems odd to me that a butcher would take the time to first file down a rack, and then the even harder work of smoothing, polishing and tapering each point to make it look lifelike again?
You sure you just didn't get back someone elses rack that looked similar to yours?

Story just isn't making any sense from what details you have given.

You have pics of before and after that we can see?
Old 04-12-2004, 06:28 PM

Slim has a good point! If you made him mad enough to do that, then check your meat, you never know what he may have done!

As far as getting the cops involved, it probablly won't get you anywhere, but, that isn't the point, the point is that his business will go downhill and maybe somebody else will be saved from this same thing!

Now, what do the antlers look like? Are there any obvious areas where it were ground down? It should be pretty easy to tell if he messed with them! The noly thing that he could have done would to have ground them down, then he would have had to buff the antlers to a smooth finish while not making them perfectly smooth!

I would definetly spread the word around though! People will talk and he will loose business!
Old 04-12-2004, 07:26 PM

You sure you just didn't get back someone elses rack that looked similar to yours?

THAT'S DEFINATELY A GOOD POINT MATT, I HAVE HEARD OF THE SAME SITUATION WITH A FEW CRAPPY TAXIDERMISTS. YOU HARVEST A 150 CLASS MAIN FRAME 10 AND YOU GET BACK A 130 CLASS MAIN FRAME 10. IF YOUR TAXIDERMIST HAS A LOT OF WORK HE JUST MAY HAVE SWITCHED OUT YOUR RACK BY ACCIDENT. I WOULD TAKE A GOOD LOOK AT THE PICTURES AND FIND ANY DEFINING CHARACTERISTICS OF THE RACK YOU KNOW IS YOURS AND THEN LOOK AT THE RACK THAT YOU GOT BACK AND SEE IF THEY'RE THE SAME. GOOD LUCK MAN THAT IS SO TERRIBLE I HOPE EVERYTHING WORKS OUT FOR YA.
Old 04-12-2004, 09:20 PM
nub

We need pics.[>:]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.