HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   stealth cam (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/58500-stealth-cam.html)

oronodeerslayer 04-10-2004 09:49 PM

stealth cam

how often should i check my stealth cam? once a week, every other week, every two weeks???

Kanga 04-10-2004 10:47 PM

RE: stealth cam

That depends on how well travelled the route you have it set up on.
If it is a well travelled route probably a couple of times a week.

Rickmur 04-11-2004 05:30 AM

I'd check it as often as possible just to see if it's still there ;):D.

arkansasbowhunter 04-11-2004 11:23 AM

i check my camera every 2 to three weeks. i see no point and running out there every 2 or 3 days just to see if its there. if someone is going to take it then it will be gone regardless of how often checked. I think you need to put them in out of the way places and not on public land IMO. also the frequency of how often you check your unit should be determined by the size of your memory card, because the smaller cards will fill up quicker; the longevity of your batteries powering you unit and your camera. If the batteries last 2 weeks in the unit, then don't leave it out there 3 weeks. I don't leave my cameras in the same place for more than 2-3 weeks at a time before I move them. Hope this helps.

Rickmur 04-11-2004 06:14 PM

i see no point and running out there every 2 or 3 days just to see if its there.
Joke, it was a joke, see my smiley faces? :eek:

bigdaddybowhunter 04-11-2004 06:23 PM

Depends how easy it is to get to, I have checked mine up to every other day & had it full.

timberjack82 04-11-2004 07:37 PM

I check mine about once every 3 days. The other week I had it out and had 12 pictures in a weeks time. This week I had it out and got 18 pictures in 3 days. So I check it about every 2-3 days to make sure I didnt run out of fild yet.

titleist_03 04-11-2004 08:12 PM

I don't check mine for at least 2 weeks. 3 at the most. I like to stay out of the timber as much as possible after the spring. I put scent lok on, switch the batteries, change the film, and switch the location sometimes. Then I'm out of there ASAP.

arkansasbowhunter 04-12-2004 07:39 PM

mdbohuntr
no problem. just trying to put as much info as possible on reasons when and how often to check a camera. i think there are a lot of variables that must be weighed in on the decision. I am sorry if I sounded defensive or anything other than just trying to be helpful. I am still puzzled as to why people buy them when you can build 10 x the unit you can buy for almost the same amount of money IMO. oh, well good luck on what ever decision you make on checking your cam. I think you will know what will be right for yourself after a few trips checking it. p.s for those of you who might be interested in building a cam, the smallest unit now that can be made will fit in your pocket. yes, you got it in your shirt pocket. the units are ever getting smaller and better that the people are hacking. good luck my friend.

titleist_03 04-12-2004 09:53 PM

I would love to start making my own cameras. It would save money and be a fun project for the off season but I don't know if I have the skills to do it. Is it very hard to do?