Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Cuddeback digital game cam >

Cuddeback digital game cam

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Cuddeback digital game cam

Old 04-10-2004, 01:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Cuddeback digital game cam

Does anybody have one? Impressions? Buck Magnet, don't you have one? What is the best price everyone has found? At our local Bass Pro Shops, they have them for $399.99, but I have a 20% off coupon for any one item in the store which would make my final out the door price $346.39.

How does the new Stealth Digital compare? I can get it at the same place for $242.47 out the door.
Old 04-10-2004, 10:52 PM

Default RE: Cuddeback digital game cam

Just keeping this at the top, I want to know the exact same thing! I've heard the Cuddeback is good, but is the stealth just as good for less money?

One thing I noticed at Cabelas is that the Cuddeback comes with a 32mg card, the stealth doesnt, and that makes up for some of the $$ difference. The other thing is that I would think that the Cuddeback with 4 D cell batteries would have to last alot longer than the stealth with 6 AA's. True??
Old 04-11-2004, 07:37 AM

I've got a Cuddeback and I love it. But, you will find that the pics that the camera takes in the daylight are not very good quality. I'm not sure why, but they are always fuzzy on my camera. However, the pics at night are crystal clear. I'm not sure if other digital cameras are like this or not. IMO, it's a great scouting tool, but if you are wanting really good quality pics you need to go with a 35mm camera. For me, I prefer the ease of use of the Cuddeback over having to get filmed developed.

Try doing a search, there were some good posts a few months ago about this camera.
Old 04-11-2004, 11:17 AM
Typical Buck

double creek. check the iso setting on your camera. night time picts are great with an iso of 400 but an iso of 400 is not great for daytime. I would set the camera to an auto iso if possible. i don't have this unit but know some about digital photography. the best camera units going now use the sony p32. it takes great day and night pictures and doesn't eat batteries. I am in the process of building my first camera setup. you can build much better than you can buy right now IMO.
Old 04-12-2004, 11:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have the Cuddeback and really like it. I used it all fall and got many good pics from it. The batteries seem to last 3 to 4 weeks depending on the temp. I found the daytime pics to be just fine. I have to check and see if this camera has an iso setting to play with. This is the only camera I have right now and I am planning on making my own for the next one. Just need to get some more information on how to do that. Arkansas where do you get the supplies needed? Do you have some instructions you could share? Thanks.
Old 04-12-2004, 12:17 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 04-12-2004, 07:33 PM
Typical Buck

perhaps the best place to find out how to build one is from hagshouse.com. everyone there is very helpful and you definetly can build better and cheaper than you can buy. my suggestion would be to just browse the reports for upto 3 months in the past and take notes as alot of your questions will and are answered in them. I like the p32 camera to build around. there are many boards to choose from like the hh1 (hags) and 903v (hillhopper) which are sold by members on the site. you can buy shutter assemblies for the camera there also from elkaholic. there is an itemized list that was posted not too long ago also that will give you exactly what you need. IMO, there is a big learning curve on the first one but once you do it, building them can be very addictive. the sony's right now will take over 550 pictures on 2 AA batteries and the mother board runs off 1 nine volt. battery life on nine volt is about 3 months 24/7 usage. better than any commercial unit out there plus you get the satisfaciton of doing it yourself. elkaholic sells cams for about 400 and some change whereas hillhoppers are a little more expensive. but let me say, they are outstanding units. total that you may spend on building your own should be around 300-325 depending on the price you pay for your camera and if you have any of the other stuff needed to build one. for example here's some prices.

camera around 150-190.00
shutter assembly and ribbon cable 10.00
case 18.00
mother board 65-90.00 depending on who's you buy
flash enhancer 5.00
extranious materials 20.00

anyways be glad to help anyone interested.

ABH
Old 04-13-2004, 07:40 AM

you can set a cuddeback camera up to take video clips in the daytime, So you get a picture and a 15 second video action of what went on.
Don't know if a stealth will do that or not.
Old 04-13-2004, 11:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Here is a night photo. I had to compress it so the image may not be as good. The day photo I can't get compressed enough to load without loosing all detail. The pictures are not always centered and sometimes I have gotten only the back end walking away. Most of them come out about like this. Over all I am very happy with it but I do want to try to build my own next. Thanks arkansasbowhunter for the info. I will be checking into it.

Old 04-13-2004, 11:15 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Quick Reply: Cuddeback digital game cam

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.