Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Cuddeback digital game cam >

Cuddeback digital game cam

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Cuddeback digital game cam

Old 04-13-2004, 02:32 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Cuddeback digital game cam

I have been waiting for a while for the digitals to come down in price. The one thing I have noticed though is the cameras are equipped with a standard flash, not infrared flash as the gameview was. I have talked to a few guys that use trail cams and they all reported the same thing, after getting a pic of a mature buck with a flash camera, they would very seldom get another pic of the same buck in the same place. This leads me to believe that it's possible the flash may spook a mature buck to the point of not using the immediate vicinity around the camera.

Arkansasbowhunter, have you built a trailcam with or researched the use of infrared flash in trailcams?? I would be interested in knowing if that info is available to the would be trailcam builder.

Anyone know???

MN_BOWHUNTER
Old 04-13-2004, 03:03 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 04-13-2004, 03:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would really like to see more pics from this Digital. I too have experience with the companies DC-100 and was thinking of going with the Digital. Thanks
Old 04-13-2004, 07:17 PM
Typical Buck

goto hagshouse.com. I personally have no experience with a IR camera but there are several guys on the site that build them and are more than willing to help you build one. I will say that building an IR camera is more risky than building straight digital. A digital camera, if you have all supplies before you start should take less than 1 day to build. the second and third will go buy much faster as there is a learning curve with the first one. the cameras are relatively easy to hack now. Here is an example of some stuff a sony p32 can do on a HH1 or 903v mother board. the camera will take over 500 pictures with a flash on 2 AA batteries and the board will run for about 3 months with one nine volt battery. The amount of pictures depends on what megapixel you set your camera on obviously b/c it is a 3.2 mg pix camera but you have the option of choosing 2 or even 1 mg pix on it. I think a 128 mg card will yield about 794 pictures if my memory serves me right. I still think that the guys who are buying camera units are wasting there money b/c as stated before IMO you can build a lot better unit for about the same price as the stealth digital or even cuddlebuck which eat batteries like a kid in the candy store eating M&M's. ABH