HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Just got pix of my 2003 archery buck mount from my taxidermist (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/58304-just-got-pix-my-2003-archery-buck-mount-my-taxidermist.html)

shed33 04-08-2004 03:16 PM

Just got pix of my 2003 archery buck mount from my taxidermist

Picking him up this weekend....I can't wait.

Have a good one all,

Shed

KY_BOWMAN 04-08-2004 03:27 PM

RE: Just got pix of my 2003 archery buck mount from my taxidermist

:DTHAT'S A HELL OF A DEER, WHERE DID YOU HARVEST HIM. WHAT DID HE SCORE?

mammasboy 04-08-2004 03:29 PM

WOW! What a spread! Great buck!

MATTHEWS 04-08-2004 03:31 PM

April fools is over my friend. But if that is really your deer congratulations. How about a story and hunting pic to go with it. Dieing to hear the story.

shed33 04-08-2004 03:32 PM

Thanks, he was an awesome critter to scout, and then hunt.... I am from Northern Idaho. After drying he was scored by an official PY scorer at 177 5/8 net nontypical and grossed 182 1/8

Here he is below...

Shed

MATTHEWS 04-08-2004 03:39 PM

Hey shed33 congrats again, guys like me only dream to shoot a deer like that here in PA. But I will continue trying because I no they exist here. I guess I just find it hard to believe sometimes that people do harvest a fine trophy like that. Sorry for the earlier post, but anyhow congratulations again, and that is one fine mount from your taxidermist.

Washington Hunter 04-08-2004 03:51 PM

I knew you'd get him Shed! All that hard work paid off after all! Congrats Bud!

shed33 04-08-2004 03:52 PM

Mathews,

No worries, I understand, I have posted pictures and info on this buck in a few posts of mine in the past... the latter picture anyway. I just wanted to share the fine work my taxidermist did for me. He (the buck) really turned out nice imo.

As for finding a big one like that. I wish you the best of luck. I scout year around, I was even able to video this guy and find his left side shed antler before I harvested him. Good luck in your endevours. The buck below is the other buck I harvested in 2003

Shed

Deer902 04-08-2004 04:01 PM

WOW, incredible buck, both of them. Congrats!

jerry606 04-08-2004 04:15 PM

both are great bucks...congrats

MATTHEWS 04-08-2004 04:40 PM

Hey Shed33 those are both fine Whitetails. I could only imagine the time you spent scouting and hunting those trophies.

stick flinger 04-08-2004 06:08 PM

great lookin bucks ya got there!

Rack-attack 04-08-2004 06:26 PM

Buck looks Awesome - Troy:D

Congrats again

Damn they are big[:o]

aeroslinger 04-08-2004 06:55 PM

Shed, Congrats. Those are some great bucks. You must be very proud. Hats off to you for the fine work you did to harvest them. Some of us may go a lifetime and never get one like that but its always exciting to see a good hunter make it happen.

buckeye 04-08-2004 07:46 PM

Great bucks!! What state is the second one from?

Stump_MN_Hunter 04-08-2004 08:04 PM

Ok...it's time for you to stop hunting and hand over your hunting land to me. You just shot two bucks of a life time!! Now I want one. LOL Wow!! Very nice deer. Congrats.

huntinMN 04-08-2004 09:40 PM

WOW!!! Awsome deer, congrats. Did you leave any room for impovement, should be fun trying

nubo 04-08-2004 11:16 PM

2 mighty fine looking buck's you have there Shed ,hopefully I'll have one half as nice as either of those to mount this fall .Congrat's to you and good hunting this fall.

nubo

shed33 04-08-2004 11:30 PM

Thanks to you all for the compliments, I am very thankful to my Lord that I get to hunt these amazing animals. I hunt here in Northern Idaho on public ground, timber company ground and a couple small private pieces. I am always looking for great whitetail habitat and mature buck hangouts.

I hunt public ground here and have since I was 12. I have gained access to couple of pieces of private that are very nice too. The bigger buck was a public and private ground deer and the other buck the 4x4 was soley on public. Both in Idaho.

As for bowhunting whitetails, there is nothing I would rather be doing than scouting and hunting mature bucks at this stage in my life, when I was young I just loved being in the woods. I live by this statement as a hunter. "Its not how big the deer is, it's how you go about getting him that counts" whether it be a nice doe or a monster buck. Good luck to everyone, especially the youngsters that are getting into whitetail bowhunting or any hunting. Keep things real, keep it ethical and enjoy what creation has to offer.

Thanks again guys, Good luck in your hunting,

Shed

bow_huntr 04-09-2004 01:55 PM

Those two deer look to be different on my screen, is it just me?

shed33 04-09-2004 02:22 PM

bow_huntr,

the top pic of the headmount and the second picture are the same buck....the third pic is a picture of the "Other" buck I harvested this past season......

If your wondering why the headmount and field photo look different in color, I had my archery bucks 8x8 (counting non-typical stuff, double browtines) antlers colored by my taxidermist since I had killed him right after he shed his velvet. Like within 24 hours most likely. Anyway he had hardly NO color on his rack since it was an early archery season (labor day weekend) harvest.....almost pure white with some little brown streaks from shedding his velvet. He even had velvet still hanging off his bases. I also had a November cape put on him instead of his summer cape.

As for the second buck it's a late November harvested 4x4

Shed

extreme1 04-09-2004 03:33 PM

Congrats shed on 2 very fine whitetails.I must say that your taxidermist did a beautiful job on the mount.What form did he use on the mount,looks identical to mine,except mine is facing to the right.Did you mount your 4x4 or putting him on a plaque.Know scout out that 180 typ out for me next year,i'll be there in the fall-----lol:)

Antler Eater 04-09-2004 03:55 PM

I don't know what to say that hasn't already been said...Those are two awesome trophies...few even see deer like that let alone get a crack at them. And then to "close the deal" on top of it all...wow!! Good on ya! :)

Hiawatha 04-09-2004 04:04 PM

He did a great job on your buck shed, looks real good. Again congrats on your kills, really impressive. catch ya later....Hia

shed33 04-09-2004 10:23 PM

Ex, Ant, and Hia,

Thanks fellas, much appreciated. As far as what mount Ex, its a Mckenzie form, semi sneak and a Saskatchewan cape, (that should make ya happy hia) since I wanted the fall cape over the summer cape.

My 4x4 is next, when I pick him up I am having him do the 4x4 in his original November cape. His cape I sent in about 2 months ago for tanning.

Thanks again ..best of luck to ya fellas in the up coming season..and Extreme and Hia you guys have some awesome bucks too... I have seen em! Ant, I havent seen any of your animals... as for any bow kill ... they are all great anyway..

Shed

MT elk addict 04-10-2004 12:04 PM

WOW!! nice bucks and good mounts.