Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How many broadhead tipped arrows do you take hunting? >

How many broadhead tipped arrows do you take hunting?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How many broadhead tipped arrows do you take hunting?

Old 04-06-2004, 07:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: How many broadhead tipped arrows do you take hunting?

For deer I take 3 but for hogs I load the quiver up with 7
Old 04-06-2004, 07:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Quiver holds 4, 3 with broadheads and one for small game is what I take.
Old 04-06-2004, 07:25 PM

I have never brought more then 3 with me. But now, I'm going to make sure I start taking some extras out for some pain in the butt squirels!!!

Old 04-06-2004, 07:52 PM

I take 6 arrows hunting, all with broadheads. Especialy after this happened to me. I was late getting to my spot and couldnt decide on where to sit so I decided to sit on the ground along the edge of a field. After about a half an hour 5 does came out of the woods about 30 yards away. They were feeding right to me. I was geting ready for a shot, but couldnt draw back on acount of there being so many eyes around me. So after waiting for about 10 minutes there was a nice doe about 5 yards away. When she turned I drew back. She turned broadside again and I let the arrow fly. But I took her high, on account of her being so close I didnt allow for that. But I hit her in the spine. She went right down but was trying to get back up. Now I forgot to tell you I was about 14. So my dad was about 150 yards away, and saw the whole show. And I was there not knowing what to do. So I hollered to him " Dad I got one spined, what should I do!?!?!?" So he told me to just shoot her again. But at this point I was really excited about the whole deal. So there I was trying to get another arrow in her while she was floppin around. I emptied my whole quiver on her by the time the episode was over, but I did get my deer. After all this my dad came over to congratualte me, he never thought I would actually get one from where I was sitting, but I proved him wrong.
Old 04-06-2004, 08:06 PM
Dominant Buck

If your confident you take one but I haven't heard any one say they only take one. I will take what ever I have available. That means I buy a dozen arrows about every other year, six broad heads and every now and then a few field points. After that i have a full quiver of six arrows w/broad heads. By the begining of the third year I'm usually down to two arrows some scraped together broad heads and ready to start all over again.
Old 04-06-2004, 08:23 PM
PLB

quiver holds 6, so I fill it up.
Old 04-06-2004, 08:45 PM

only take 3, never needed more than 1 though
Old 04-06-2004, 10:47 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 04-06-2004, 10:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've never taken arrow's to hunt small game while hunting deer or Moose ,but thank's for the suggestion I'll have to start now. I take 4 arrow's for deer and 6 for moose.

nubo
Old 04-07-2004, 01:10 AM

I take three...have never ever need more than one though(knock on wood). I also one for those pesky tree huggin' squirels.

Quick Reply: How many broadhead tipped arrows do you take hunting?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.