Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Gold Tip Pro?

Old 04-06-2004, 09:29 AM

Default Gold Tip Pro?

I'm looking at picking up some new arrows after a bad experience I had over the weekend. I've been shooting carbon arrows since I started bow hunting back in the early 90's and just this weekend I had an arrow "disintegrate" between my bow and the target. Never before have I seen an arrow compromised like this in flight. I've had a problem with a few of the new arrows I bought not grouping well (I now believe to be poor spine quality)and at this point I don't wish to shoot another of those arrows off my bow.

I've shot beman, carbon express and most recently pse dominators(the unnamed arrow from above). After blowing 80$ on "junk" arrows I just want to buy the best and have it done with. So, I'm looking for feedback from anyone who has shot the gold tip pro or pro hunters. Basically I'm most concerned with quality construction and durability. I also like the fact that they are made in the U.S.A. and I can help the national ecconomy.

Any constructive info is greatly appreciated
Thanks
Old 04-11-2004, 02:54 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Gold Tip Pro?

Adams, I have been shooting Gold Tip Hunters and and XT's for 4 years. I find that these arrows are of the strongest quality. After 4 doson arrows I have broke 2 both from shooting straight on into a peice of steel and shoving the insert into the arrow. I have shot these arrows through my shed door, hit rocks, and just basically abused these arrorws. I am still shooting arrows out of the original 2 dozen I bought 4 years ago.

People have always told me that the strightness and the wait consistancy in these arrows are not as good as other brands until I tel them to check them. When they check them they are well within what the company claims them to be. I would deffinantly recommend these arrows to anyone.
Old 04-11-2004, 07:15 AM

I have been shooting the Gold Tip Expedition Hunter for practice and use the Pro Hunter's for my hunting. These are the first carbons I started out shooting and don't see the need to try anything else. The quality is great and they are very durable. I have yet to disentegrate one or even damage one and I have hit some pretty tough stuff that has wrecked my aluminum arrows!! I think you would like the Gold Tips. They sell 3 times the Gold Tips at my pro shop than they do any other. Try out the Expedition Hunters, they are cheaper and will give you a feel for their products if you just want to try them. I could use the Expediton Hunters to hunt with I just get a little more accuracy with the Pro's.
Old 04-11-2004, 07:54 AM

I have been shooting the Gold Tip 5575 Hunter XT for about three years now and love them. Very durable arrows.
Old 04-11-2004, 09:04 AM

Get some Gold Tip XT's and put on lighted nocks and never worry about your arrows again.
slobbyrobby33 , You must shoot like me, thats why I use Glold Tip XTs
Old 04-11-2004, 06:37 PM

hi been shooting gold tip xt's four abut 4 years now!!! most durable arrow out there!!!!! but i just had my bow in for a tune up, and my pro shop tech filled me on the new expedition arrows which he sent back as junk... out of the dozens that he got less than 20% where withen tolerances that gold tip sets which is + or - 2 grains, some of the arrows were 7 grains difference........ he hasn't order the pro's yet but he is not likely as he puts it why mess with what ain't broke going hunting you buy the xt's just passing on some info..... I still love gold tip arrows and use them!!![8D]
Old 04-11-2004, 06:44 PM

By chance do you shoot a Mathews??? That would be a big reason with all that smooth POWER!! OK Bowtechies, let me have it.

By the way, I really like my Easton ST AXIS arrows.